Popular Tags: [View All]
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be completely crazy to hope for a November 1st update?

Seems like everyone's given up on this little game. Really hope to play it before my bigger Kickstarters start coming in next year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the legal problems I doubt you'll see this for quite some time (if at all). I'll hazard a bet that you'll be playing your bigger Kickstarters before you get to see this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Emmanuel posted to this thread earlier in the month:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1039561/no-one-posting-h...

I fully believe without the slightest doubt that this project will eventually happen. As others have said and will likely say below, it's a messy legal situation. In the meantime, the game continues to advance as best it can within this environment.

Until the legal issues are complete though, my opinion is that an update is largely a waste of everyone's time unless it pretty much says something along the lines of what I just mentioned. My point is that I don't think anyone involved can fully know when the legal battle will be over and production can truly happen.

Anyway, I'm keeping the faith and playing other games in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully not stirring up a hornet's nest, but what is the legal issue with AiyP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
It’s the legal issue with Radiant and Valley, not AiYP specifically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't care about UpFront at this point. Trash it if it gets me my AiyP. I've been wanting that game desperately since it was announced, and I only wish Emmanuel had not hooked up with Radiant/Valley for production and distribution. If I'm not mistaken, UpFront is the game with legal issues. Let Airborne go! I want to play a quick game of something at work without worrying about time running out!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
I honestly don't care about UpFront at this point. Trash it if it gets me my AiyP. I've been wanting that game desperately since it was announced, and I only wish Emmanuel had not hooked up with Radiant/Valley for production and distribution. If I'm not mistaken, UpFront is the game with legal issues. Let Airborne go! I want to play a quick game of something at work without worrying about time running out!!!

The legal issues are not exclusive to Up Front, they're tied to Valley / Radiant / Elusive. Which is to say, it's the legal judgements against Valley and the question of whether Radiant is or is not liable for Valley's debt, and not any issue to do with Up Front. It's an easy mistake to make, of course, because the judgements first came to light during the Up Front Kickstarter campaign, and are more associated with that game than with AiYP.

The suits and judgements affect AiYP every bit as much as they affect Up Front. Because it's the company behind both games that's involved in the suits, not the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually starting to become genuinely impressed with the lack of communication on this project...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
strayknife wrote:
I'm actually starting to become genuinely impressed with the lack of communication on this project...

I hear yeah, but in my opinion, if there isn't anything of substance to communicate like "it's on the boat", I'd prefer no update at all.

The reason I say that is that the last few updates have been the equivalent of kicking a hornet's nest and unproductive and unhealthy for everyone involved. I'd rather just maintain my patience in silence knowing that they really want this game to come out and will achieve this goal some day.

Keeping the faith and enjoying D-Day Dice and other games in the meantime.

Edit: Ha! It looks like there is an update. From my perspective, it was a good update but I'm seeing the hornet's start to swarm so we'll see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.