Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked. Couldn't find an answer. The cloaked mines say to place during the Planning Phase. So do I do it while everyone is figuring out their maneuvers or can I wait until everyone has set down their maneuver dials before placing the token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're free to wait until everyone sets down their maneuver dials before declaring the use of Cloaked Mines, but it would just be wasting time, because they can then change their maneuvers.

Basically, the Planning Phase is not over until everyone agrees that they're done doing stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
LoneWolfPR wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked. Couldn't find an answer. The cloaked mines say to place during the Planning Phase. So do I do it while everyone is figuring out their maneuvers or can I wait until everyone has set down their maneuver dials before placing the token?

You can do either, but the ruling is that after you place them maneuver dials may be changed as the maneuver dials aren't set till both players say they are done with the phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always check the FAQ. It's answer 10 under Weapon Upgrades.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1031156/st-aw-preliminary-fa...

Quote:
10. Must I place my Cloaked Mines at the start of the Planning Phase, or can I wait until after everyone has set their Maneuver Dials?

You place your Cloaked Mines at the start of the Planning Phase. This does not mean that other players can negate your ability to use the Cloaked Mines by quickly placing their Maneuver Dials. It simply means that after you place your Cloaked Mines, your opponents are free to alter their Maneuver Dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.