Hide
1 Posts

Tomorrow» Forums » Sessions

Subject: JED-002, Second 3-Player Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Deykes
msg tools
Played another 3-player game of TOMORROW, which featured the USA (me), China (David), and the EU (Paul). Finally PC tally: EU 19, China 23, USA 33.

How is this possible? I realized that 9 turns wouldn't be enough time with only 3 players, so I added 2 more rounds to the game (I removed only 1 event card rather than the 3 specified).

The EU made good use of its "Secretary-General" power, which allows it to determine turn order. China made good use of the Cyber-card and claimed it back as soon as it was first taken. The USA was able to win the game in part by retaining the Cyber-card for half of the game (or more), and by not angering the other players too badly. Some military campaigns went on between the players with both China and the EU getting bonus troops and the USA getting an extra nuke (which it did not use). China dealt the vast majority of biological attacks, but it was the EU that got some lucky rolls and cleaned out some countries entirely (with subsequent war crimes)

The game was won on the eleventh and final turn by the last possible biological attack in the Americas, for which the USA forewent their use of the CDC so that the world might live (and it landed us on the smiley face of Victory EXACTLY)!!!

It was a good game all-around. Notably, the EU nuked Indian for PC and also struck China due to shenanigans. Other penalties and bonuses of the threat track were otherwise (approximately) a wash. Folks enjoyed the game and will probably enjoy it more when the steep learning curve is halfway or more behind them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.