Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I hosted some friends at my house over the past weekend for three days of gaming following a Friday visit to Essen and Spiel. The blow-by-blow geeklist can be found here.

One of the highlights was a game of Space Cadets: Dice Duel and I think that the session I wrote up is worthy of its own thread.

Enjoy...

This was a game that I picked up for Mixo and whilst we played KoT games 3 & 4 he read through the rules. Following dinner cooked by my wife (Japanese katsu-kare) we settled down to a play-through that, remarkably, has been chronicled by the famed war correspondent Sir Fuzzy Lumpkins:

'The HMS Awesome, crewed by the renowned Captain CJ and fearless Petty Officer Mike, cruised from their home port in the early hours. Their mission - to protect the brave men and women of the Merchant Marine who had suffered desperate losses at the hands of a pocket-raider - the Bismarck.

After weeks of fruitless searching the sharp-eyes of a young ensign spotted a residual plasma trail and the alarm was raised; in the distance the prize loomed onto the view screen. The Bismarck - crewed by the dastardly Captain Mixo and his odious Gunner's Mate Alex - was dead-ahead and the brave crew manned battle stations, eager for the battle at hand.

The initial stages of the engagement were relatively quiet as each Captain sought to out-manoeuvre his opponent. HMS Awesome launched a mine and then sought out the minerals required to power its tractor beams. Then, success! Poor manoeuvring by the Bismarck left the mine dangerously close to her port side. Seizing the opportunity Captain CJ activated Awesome' tractor and first blood went to the British!!!

Realising they were at a disadvantage the Bismarck warp-jumped away and HMS Awesome slowly re-manoeuvred to close the range. She dropped a mine to limit the British options but then disaster struck and she blundered back into it. Doubtless someone would be executed that night...

Bloody and damaged, like a wounded bear the Bismarck sought to strike back and HMS Awesome reeled from a double torpedo attack that caused her fearless crew to man their damage control stations. As fires were fought, and brave seaman received medical care for the wounds, the HMS Awesome stayed true to her task and sought the decisive engagement.

With the battle poised for several tense minutes each side manoeuvred, seeking to gain position for the final strike. Each ship fired once, twice, thrice, and each torpedo slipped past its target as both ships were piloted with daring and skill. Then, finally, the remarkable seamanship of Captain CJ, and the unerring targeting of Petty Officer Mike, enabled Awesome to steer his ship into the Bismarck's wake and acquire successive target locks against an unshielded stern. Once! Twice! Success!!! Successive torpedo strike pounded the Bismarck's stern and she began to list. With power lost and the situation hopeless the Bismarck fell majestically from the sky like a noble bird or prey, mortally wounded. Minutes later her engines exploded and she was lost with all hands.

Bloodied but stalwart the valiant crew of HMS Awesome's guided her back into port. Just in time for tea and medals.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If anyone's interested my fellow gamers were:

Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb

Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb

Michael Harvey
msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.