Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Curtis
United States
Plainfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game of China last week and decided to use the optional fortification rule.

I noticed the directions indicated the game included 5 fortifications, even though my copy has 6. Anyway, that got me to thinking that maybe each player was supposed to have one fortification to use whenever he or she wished to place it. I know this is reading something into the rules that was not there, but we played that way and it seemed to work okay.

Was this incorrect? Or can a single player place more than one fortification? This would seem to allow a player to have more than one fortification in an area or in a long road and the rules don't cover that possibility either.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of China has six fortificaton pieces as well. I figured you could allow 2 forts per player in a 3 player game. Otherwise, figure they threw us an extra out of the goodness of Uberplay's heart.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Curtis
United States
Plainfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I managed to miss the fortification limit rule on our first play. Glad we stumbled onto the correct interpretation anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thies Kolln
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My recently purchased copy also had one extra fortification. When I counted all of the other pieces, one green house was missing. So you may want to double check as well. The good news is that I e-mailed Ueberplay and had a replacement within a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thies wrote:
When I counted all of the other pieces, one green house was missing.

Ha, 5 years later and my used copy arrived today with an extra green house. Must have been yours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.