alexandre costa
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb

1) Cadre markers

Why cadre markers has "US DISRUPTED" and "GOV IMPROVED" on it backside?

does it means I make a pool of cadres face down, and everytime I place a cadre in play I put it at random, and when US disrupt it he gets to improve the government (as a bônus?)

2)Jihadist Victory Conditions

I really didnt understand the "2 countries adjacency" requirement.

What it means? Can you experienced guys give me an example?

thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
charles_bronson wrote:

1) Cadre markers

Why cadre markers has "US DISRUPTED" and "GOV IMPROVED" on it backside?

does it means I make a pool of cadres face down, and everytime I place a cadre in play I put it at random, and when US disrupt it he gets to improve the government (as a bônus?)

2)Jihadist Victory Conditions

I really didnt understand the "2 countries adjacency" requirement.

What it means? Can you experienced guys give me an example?

thanks a lot!

1. No, that is not at all what happens. The reverse side of the Cadre markers are not related to the placing of Cadre markers. They are just to more efficiently use the markers and punch sheets.

Both the US Disrupted and Gov Improved sides are not necessary, but can be handy as a reminder when either of these events occurs, because some events depend on either of those happening recently (in the previous turn). They are more useful for leaving the game set up while away from it for a length of time.

To clarify: the Cadre side is unrelated to the US Disrupted/Gov Improved side.

2. In order for the Jyhadists to win, it is insufficient to have 6 Islamist Rule resources if the countries are spread out. Two of these countries must be adjacent. So, if the following countries were Islamist Rule, it would NOT result in a victory, even though the resources total 6 or more.
--Pakistan (2), Egypt (3) Somalia (1)

However, the following countries at IR would be a win for the Jyhadists:
--Pakistan (2), Egypt (3), Afghanistan (1)
Notice that at least two of the countries are adjacent (Pak and Afg). Therefore, this is a legal win.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Bailey
United States
Carrboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The backside of the cadre markers is used for a few event cards which are conditional on whether US improved governance or disrupted. Not sure what their names are, but you'll know when you see them. Nothing to do with cadres.

2. It means you need to have a total of 6 Jihadist resources and any two adjacent jihadists countries. You don't need the 6 resources to be adjacent, just any two Islamist rule countries. If you had Afghanistan (1) and Pakistan (2) both at Islamist rule and then the Gulf States (3) at Islamist rule, you would win.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexandre costa
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
Oooo thank you very much! I only played the game solo, and now I understand mechanics much better! :laugh:

Thanks a lot for the help! Probably gonna make some questions about the flow on the 1 player chat soon! :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.