Hide
3 Posts

Gloom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Skip your next draw phase, but dead before my turn, what do I do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nichols
msg tools
Someone played a card on my character that says "Skip your next draw phase", then the next player killed my character, then it was my turn. Do I still have to skip my draw phase now that the rule was covered with the death card?

How can I prove this either way with the rules?

I argued that since on the start of my turn the rule was covered it does not apply, but the entire table disagreed with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been a while since I played. But I believe that is an ability that resolves, so regardless of where the card went, you skip the phase.

If it was an in play ability like, +1 to your hand size, for example, then that would go away when the card does.

Again. I have not played in a long time, but I never remember a one shot deal cards ability being skipped upon an untimely death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Baker
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Mike is correct. There's two types of effects, instant ("When this card is played do X") and continuous ("While this text shows, do Y"). An instant effect resolves when the card is played, and after that it doesn't matter what happens to the character.

One of the meanest things you can do is to play a card that makes the victim miss their turn on an opponent... and then use Twist of Fate to shift it to your character. The Instant effect hits the person it was played on, but you get the points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.