Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
coppro wrote:

In another ruling that was posted on BGG, you said that if an unpaired wormhole is on the board, and Distant Suns adds a mate to it, then "The original system MAY be used for the keeper of the gates objective." What does this mean? Since you need to control all wormholes for Keeper of the Gates, I don't see how it can be optional. Either you do need to control the newly-paired wormhole, or you do not.
- You need to control all wormholes, including ones spawned by distant suns tokens, in order to fulfill the Keeper of the Gates objective. The only exception are those from Slave Wormhole Generator and Wormhole Nexus.

Interesting. This appears to be a reversal of an older ruling. Though I could be misremembering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IncrediSteve wrote:
coppro wrote:

In another ruling that was posted on BGG, you said that if an unpaired wormhole is on the board, and Distant Suns adds a mate to it, then "The original system MAY be used for the keeper of the gates objective." What does this mean? Since you need to control all wormholes for Keeper of the Gates, I don't see how it can be optional. Either you do need to control the newly-paired wormhole, or you do not.
- You need to control all wormholes, including ones spawned by distant suns tokens, in order to fulfill the Keeper of the Gates objective. The only exception are those from Slave Wormhole Generator and Wormhole Nexus.

Interesting. This appears to be a reversal of an older ruling. Though I could be misremembering.

I've also always thought that Distant Sun tokens were not needed for Keeper of the Gates. Though I don't remember where I read that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Octopus
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
"...that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the the field of battle - victorious."
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from the FAQ, p.4:

Q: Are the additional Distant Suns wormholes part of the
objective condition required to resolve the “Master of Gates”
Secret objective card?
A: No. To complete the “Master of Gates” secret objective,
a player has only to control the systems with the original 4
wormholes, not any that are added via Distant Suns tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect this "new" ruling is in error. I can send an email to Corey to clarify, unless someone else wants to (or already has).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coppro wrote:
While I was compiling entries for the FAQ, a variety of questions came up, so I went in search of definitive answers:

Does the Gravity Drive tech work on systems adjacent to wormholes without mates? What about in systems containing them? Does this change for the Ghosts of Creuss, if there is an "A" wormhole without a mate, but a "B" wormhole somewhere else?
- This tech affects all wormholes, even if the wormhole is not part of a pair. This ability only works when starting ADJACENT to a wormhole. Wormholes in the system do not grant this benefit.

Trying to get this clear.

You have gravity drive tech.
a)You ship is in the system with A wormhole that has a pair (so you adjacent to other wormhole for tech purpose then?).
b.)Now if you are in the system with A wormhole but no pair.

So the way I understood this
a.) gravity drive works
b.) gravity drive doesn't.

Or I am not getting this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
garfielder wrote:
Or I am not getting this right?

Your understanding is how I understand it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seren of Moon
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
It looks like some of these answers have not yet made it to our FAQ here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Twilight_Imperium_FAQ

Making a note to get to this list. Thanks coppro for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seren of Moon
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
Appreciate your updates, coppro, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
So wait, reversed again? The split nature of the answers without questions you quoted is a little misleading. It looks like the second quote is saying "Yes, you DO have to control A/B Wormholes created by Distant Suns and Final Frontier tokens", which is a complete reversal of what has been quoted by him several times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.