Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, only about half of my post appeared here. I will try again. I am probably missing something obvious but I have read and re-read the rules and forums and can't find anything to make this clear.

Card 42 tells me to Conduct two build instructions. 4.2.1

All outposts are in play so I go to Subvert 4.2.11

There are < 3 red cubes in in the Subjugate NM box so I go to Subjugate 4.2.10 where I draw cubes equal to the APs spent. Card 42 tells me to do 2 builds and doesn't mention spending APs.

The question is: how many cubes do I draw from the Raid Pool?

I love the game but I am struggling with some of the concepts. Thanks a bunch for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
cobame wrote:
For some reason, only about half of my post appeared here. I will try again. I am probably missing something obvious but I have read and re-read the rules and forums and can't find anything to make this clear.

There are < 3 red cubes in in the Subjugate NM box so I go to Subjugate 4.2.10 where I draw cubes equal to the APs spent. Card 42 tells me to do 2 builds and doesn't mention spending APs.

I love the game but I am struggling with some of the concepts. Thanks a bunch for any help!

Hmm, that is interesting! Could play it a number of different ways, I'm interested in the answer. It could be that if you can't build anything, ignore the order. On a side note, how did you get 6 outposts on the maps that early in the game? That seems pretty quick. Normally by the second card I only have 2-3 at most (normally 1ish) out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
cobame wrote:

Congratulations! This NEVER happened in any playtest known to me.

Ok, here's the answer: "If all Outposts are already in play, there is no additional effect." (You're in big enough trouble with the upcoming Victory Check Segment.) I'll add to the Clarifications file.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I probably got so many outposts in play by doing something wrong.

I really like the game and I am getting it as I stumble through the rules. I haven't played games this complex for 20 years or so but I'm getting back into the proper mode.

Thanks for the replies and thanks so much for the unique game, Joel!

Ahehee'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mb
How does the "Build + Subvert" (3 APs) instruction work if all outposts are already on the map?
Does it become Subvert x 2 (-6 Culture Points)?
And then, if Subjugate), does the player draw 6 cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JSBourget wrote:
How does the "Build + Subvert" (3 APs) instruction work if all outposts are already on the map?
Does it become Subvert x 2 (-6 Culture Points)?
And then, if Subjugate), does the player draw 6 cubes?

Ok, you spend the 3 APs (this covers both the Build and the Subvert portions of the double instruction).

Then do a Build which becomes Subvert and reduces Culture by 3 (the APs spent).

Next you do a Subvert which reduces Culture another 3 (the APs spent).

Basically, if there's 6 outposts out there and this comes up, things are going to go very bad for you!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, don't let all 6 outposts get out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
Basically, don't let all 6 outposts get out!

That's a winning strategy! Seriously, it is hugely important not to let the enemy maintain a toehold. It will come back to bite you later on. Things can spiral out of control very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
When Card #42 States, "Conduct two "Build" instructions (4.2.1)." must they be paid for with AP by the Enemy or do they simply place two Missions for free?

I ask as when finishing off the initial scenario from the tutorial I eventually pulled Card 42 with no Missions/outposts on the board, 7 Military, 8 Culture, 6 Enemy Morale, families spread out amongst areas to yield 12 VPs (vs. the Cards 10), three red cubes and no black cubes in the Subjugation of New Mexico bowl and the Enemy had only 2AP. If they must pay for the build actions (3AP?) then I believe I earned a Minor Victory and if not then I must have been dealt a Minor Defeat according to the chart in 14.1.2 in the Scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius van der Merwe
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They place the missions for free (does not cost any AP's).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.