Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically what I want to know is, how do the unique little "rules twists" in each chapter stack up in comparison to the base game? In particular I'd like to hear how they rate in two categories, cool factor and clarity.

Essentially I really liked the little special rules for each chapter, but many times they lead to rules questions to which there was no clear answer, which led to looking in the FAQ which didn't answer it either, which led to searching or posting in the forums to find one. All of which could be rather annoying.

So my question is twofold, are the special rules for each chapter in this expansion clearly written, or did your group have many questions for which there was no clear answer? And how cool did you find the special rules for each chapter to be? I.e. did they really "bring the chapter to life" so to speak. I can think of several instances where they did just that in the base game, but sadly I can also think of several instances where they created confusing rules questions.

Thanks in advance for any info or opinions offered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the special rules were good. I would rate them higher in terms of interest and clarity.

I had one rules question over all 6 chapters. Can't remember what it was now.

In general I found the Glorm chapters to be more interesting then Sorrow, and more challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Ken,

Were there chapters that did not focus on combat? Such as quests, exploration, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.