Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Decided to start a blog for the Homebrew for Grand Dune I am working on.. Full graphics (using Ilya's art and base files) is being made complete with new board, play aids and best of all 4 player factions allowing up to 10 people to play!

Here is the link below.. at the conclusion of the Blog I will make available the base files in PSD on my dropbox.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/2916/grand-dune-10-player-vari...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work so far. Did you make those extra portraits or were they from other Ilya designs?

Which version of the Bene Tleilaxu do you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Portraits are Ilya's: 2 of the Iduali Korba and the Water Seller are actually his first drafts for Gurney and Idaho respectively.. The Landsraad are what he was planning for with some color changes (made them more purple) and they were missing 2 portraits so I repurposed his Scytale and Bejaz portraits into the Administrator and Rep respectively.. The Ix he had pretty much complete but the Inquisitor was only a sketch that i colorized which is why it doesnt quite look in sync with the rest but it is close enough. The remaining of the Iduali are Ilya's work for other things (A fantasy Game) that I asked if I could repurpose.

I am trying to keep everything as close in feel as possible to the base game as far as graphic so finding Ilya's otherwork and getting permission to use it for Dune was a must. Glad he allowed it!! Now I just have to wait for his other work. Darkstar (game system by Klaude Thomas) to hit Kickstarter... Have been waiting 8 months to grab that one.

As far as BT..

Bene Tleilaxu
At Start
5 Spice

Revival
None

RULES:
Axlotl Tanks
Whenever players revive tokens or leaders, they pay the spice to the Tleilaxu player instead of to the spice bank. When players revive leaders check off the appropriate leader portrait from the Leader Revival Checklist.

Plans within Plans
The Tleilaxu player at the beginning of the game draws a number of Treachery cards equal to the number of players, and keeps the 4 of their choice, shuffling the remaining back into the Treachery deck.
Additionally, In the Bidding round after cards have been dealt, but before bidding begins the Tleilaxu player may give Treachery cards in their hand to any other player. Opponents may not refuse to accept the given cards. The may then allow the Tleilaxu play to bid in the round or restrict another player from bidding.

Project Amal
At the end of any collection round the Tleilaxu player may reveal 35 Spice by placing it infront of their player shield. If at anytime the Bene Tleilaxu player uses ANY of the revealed spice, the remaining is returned to behind the shield. If at the end of the next collection round the 35 Spice remains revealed, the Tleilaxu player has successfully achieved a Victory by Subterfuge. This Victory by Subterfuge can be predicted by the Bene Gesserit player. Allies do not win an Allied victory in the event of a Bene Tleilaxu Victory by Subterfuge.

Facedancers
In the Battle Round after all other battles are resolved, the Tleilaxu player may declare a special Facedancer battle against a player. The Tleilaxu player chooses a surviving leader that a player used in a battle plan that turn.
This special battle is considered as being in the same territory where that leader was in battle. The Tleilaxu player chooses a Weapon card or a discard. The defending player chooses a Defense card or a discard. The defending player may use their faction powers as per a normal battle. If the Tleilaxu player wins the battle, the leader is sent to the tanks. The Tleilaxu player then gains spice equal to the value of the slain leader.
In the event of a Lasgun/Shield combination, Any remaining tokens in the territory are sent to the tanks. If the Tleilaxu player fails to send the defending leader to the tanks, The cards used by both players may be kept.
Additionally, At the beginning of the Storm round, the Tleilaxu player may lay traps in stronghold territories that are either unoccupied or controlled by the Tleilaxu player. Place a Treachery card face down infront of the Tleilaxu player shield with a numbered trap counter on it. Then place the corresponding trap counter on the Territory being trapped.
When Tokens are either shipped or moved into a trapped Stronghold, a Special Facedancer battle is conducted at the beginning of the combat round before all other combats. The leader for the force entering the trap is selected at random. The Treachery card placed as the trap is used for the Tleilaxu Battle plan. The defending player may choose a Defense card or discard to add to their battle plan. resolve the battle in the same exact manner as shown above. Treachery cards chosen as traps are always discarded and may not be returned to the Bene Tleilaxu player hand.
A worthless card may be selected by the Tleilaxu player as their part of a Facedancer battle plan. It will prevent the defending player from either Shipping or Movement in the Movement round of the next turn. The Tleilaxu player will choose which.
A Karama card may be placed as a Trap and will count as a Lasgun/Shield Combination.

Tleilaxu Humming
At the start of the game the Bene Tleilaxu player receives no Traitors.
At end of each Revival round, the Tleilaxu player selects a Leader which has been previously revived. The selected leader is the Ghola Traitor for the turn, note the selection on the Ghola Traitor Card. If the "Tleilaxu Ghola" card is used the Tleilaxu player may choose to change their selection to the newly revived leader.
A Ghola traitor may be revealed at any time by revealing the Ghola Traitor card.
When revealed, the Ghola traitor is sent to the tanks. If the Ghola Traitor was used in a battle this turn, any remaining army tokens within that territory belonging to the same faction are also sent to the tanks. The Tleilaxu player collects no spice from a revealed Ghola Traitor.
The Tleilaxu player then places a control counter on the territory and is considered to control it, until another player moves tokens onto it.
If the territory contains spice, the Tleilaxu may collect all of the spice during the collection round.

KARAMA POWERS:
Basic
When used against Bene Tleilaxu, Play immediately after a leader has been revealed as a Ghola Traitor. The Leader is not a traitor, the Tleilaxu player will exchange the Leader card with the Ghola Leader card.
Advanced
When used against Bene Tleilaxu, Play at anytime to force the Tleilaxu player to pay 10 spice immediately to the spice bank. If the Tleilaxu player hass less than 10 spice he must pay what he has available. May alternatively be used to Destroy a single untriggered Trap.

ALLIANCE:
Allies may be granted free revival of both tokens and leaders. At anytime the Tleilaxu player may revive up to 6 army tokens or up to 2 leaders per turn. Leaders revived in this manner may be revived before all leaders are in the tanks. A Leader revived in this way may not be included in battles if it was killed in a previous battle in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Servius1983 wrote:
I am trying to keep everything as close in feel as possible to the base game as far as graphic so finding Ilya's otherwork and getting permission to use it for Dune was a must. Glad he allowed it!! Now I just have to wait for his other work. Darkstar (game system by Klaude Thomas) to hit Kickstarter... Have been waiting 8 months to grab that one.

I'm a huge fan of Ilya's art, too. Andrew says the DarkStar Kickstarter will be up as soon as the dust has cleared from Essen. Link to BGG page http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/110730/darkstar.

Servius1983 wrote:
As far as BT.

The BT are very much as I imagine. I think they have one too many major powers. Only BG comes close (with both Voice and Coexistence). Plans with Plans is powerful. I like the Ghola - the 'humming' power - and of course it is thematic. I think it just needs tidying up a bit mechanically.

I find the Face Dancers over-engineered and really BT don't need this power. I would suggest just representing the Face Dancers in their leader selection. Traps seem unnecessary. If either were to be preserved I suggest they should be fueled by Worthless Cards.

Their alliance advantage is huge. I'd certainly concur they should be allowed to help allies revive, but their super-Ghola probably should require a karama use to trigger. They do need a Karama power - both basic and advanced. Or did I miss it?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vonklaude wrote:
They do need a Karama power - both basic and advanced. Or did I miss it?!

they have a basic power... they can use them as a Lasgun in combat and a Lasgun & Shield as a trap.

They did need revision. I agree... I was going to remove facedancer as written, I was actually thinking about giving them troops but no leaders and letting them use the leaders in the tanks... and if they do during the revival round the owner could revive them ignoring the normal rule for revival. So by using them you allow people to get them back early.. additionally it allows the other players to halt the military advance of the BT... I was also going to raise the Spice Win to 50 as they could collect normally. I was thinking that the hum needs work.... Plans within plans is indeed powerful but based on the fact that Defenses are basically useless and many of the specials provide them no real uses... They indeed need work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Servius1983 wrote:
vonklaude wrote:
They do need a Karama power - both basic and advanced. Or did I miss it?!

they have a basic power... they can use them as a Lasgun in combat and a Lasgun & Shield as a trap.

Ah. Hmm. I don't like the traps so much.

Servius1983 wrote:
They did need revision. I agree... I was going to remove facedancer as written, I was actually thinking about giving them troops

I agree with this. They should have some troops. They had agents on Dune. Troops would represent that.

Servius1983 wrote:
but no leaders and letting them use the leaders in the tanks... and if they do during the revival round the owner could revive them ignoring the normal rule for revival. So by using them you allow people to get them back early.. additionally it allows the other players to halt the military advance of the BT...

I think I would favour giving them leaders, and additionally letting them gain an advantage in some way in respect of leaders that have been through the tanks. Humming does that. In play it might be weakish since only a couple of leaders get revived per game. As a suggestion, give them low value leaders (I'm thinking sub-Guild value - say 4,3,3,2,1) BUT they can increase their leader value up to a leader of their choice that is in the tanks. So if Stilgar is in the tanks, they have a 7! This would be quite powerful I suspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot about this post... I should clarify why this went dead..

I decided on visiting some family out of country and I took my laptop with me so i could keep up with the Dune PBF... on my return i had too many things as carryons and put my notebook in my luggage..( This was a mistake)

The battery died enroute and at US Customs it was confiscated.. It took until just over a week ago to get this returned... It contained all my files for the Dune game as well as the Admin notes for the PBF... And for a good amount of time it was my only computer.. On booting it up I discovered it was completely wiped of data. The drive had been overwritten with blank data a couple times over... it was a complete loss. So I am working on getting this back on track as my copy is somewhat degraded due to poor quality paper used in some of the components.

My apologies on not returning to the project earlier.. but Live has been pretty hectic the past couple years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.