Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Second Thoughts on OCTGN (date)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Apo
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey. Does anyone have some heads up on when the new data pack will be available for online play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Danev
Bulgaria
Dimitrovgrad/Plovdiv
Haskovo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there full data pack English spoilers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexdanev wrote:

Translations yes. Thats all we need in order for it to be made, db0 just needs to finish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not expect it to be out before db0 has clear english scans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

He can do artless versions and just insert the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
kurthl33t wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

He can do artless versions and just insert the text.

Nothing db0 has done has ever been artless. Sorry. Couldn't resist the pun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

We get censored versions anyway, so there isnt really a reason to need an English version. I suspect he is busy, maybe he went to Essen or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

We get censored versions anyway, so there isnt really a reason to need an English version. I suspect he is busy, maybe he went to Essen or something.

Of course, which db0 makes from the english scans. I simply stating how he's operated before 'get me good scans and I'll get it up' from previous spoiler threads. Hell, it's probably already coded and ready to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maybe Next Time
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I vote that they should become available on Sunday, November 10th - after the Worlds final!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be here when he's had time to code them...give the man a break, it's his hobby, not his job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Alexfrog wrote:
Alexdanev wrote:

Translations yes. Thats all we need in order for it to be made, db0 just needs to finish it.
Dude, no. Don't do this. Wait until there is a full scanned list of cards up before you add it to OCTGN. This is probably what I resent most about the third party system; it allows any card that has been revealed by FFG - official, trial, or in the case of Fisk and the Collective, possibly not permanent - brought into the game long before it really should be. I admit, I do not nor have I tried to play on OCTGN, and not because of my prejudice but because my computer just sucks that bad.

But here is why I feel that only officially released cards to be on OCTGN, at least until FFG offers even a meager support system. The only images we have for cards are the ones with Chinese on it. We have translations, yes, but that only goes so far. If you want proof that translating back and forth doesn't turn into a game of Telephone, I have two example:
1) type any sentence into a translation program and translate it into that language. Then translate that sentence back into the first. Do this about 10-20 times and see the gobbledygook that comes out.
2) Take an American movie, translate it into a different language, and translate it back. Half of them aren't even recognisable without the poster behind them.

So sure, it's a great place to test out official builds and future cards, but you need the official text on it to be valid. Plus, when you see a card you aren't familiar with, you can just read it and it will tell you how it works. With the Chinese cards, no such luck.

So be patient, people! My FLGSO (the O stands for Owner) tells me it's coming out next week some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not only Chinese. Also German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only legal wording is the English Language wording. We do not yet have access to it. Wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavlos Pavlopoulos
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
As far as I know, db0 adds data packs once they've been officially released by FFG. So we just need to be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
kordan11 wrote:
As far as I know, db0 adds data packs once they've been officially released by FFG. So we just need to be patient.

I hope that's the case, because otherwise it seems like it would screw with the OCTGN data (and people often use that to make inferences about the game state). I want to know what NBN:TWIY*'s win rates are post-Second Thoughts, which won't accurately reflect the real game's if people are already running Reina Roja and GRNDL on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
English cards are out, so as soon as they can be scanned, you can start having Second Thoughts about your decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Delfeld
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any news about when Second Thoughts will be available on OCTGN? I'd love to start playing with the new cards online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I think it's more a question of when cardgamedb decides to put them up since he co-ordinates with them on the GUIDs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening Moves was released on OCTGN on Aug 19.
Its been almost 3 months now since a change in the OCTGN cardset! So long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.