Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and me startet our second game with a friend who didnt know the title.

We played with Haven (my wife), Stronghold(me), Jungle factions(friend), short game , 3 1/2 hours.

The game started slowly, the heroes moved across the land and startet capturing the first buildings.
The battles which took place where fought without heavy casualties and so we managed to get controle of a medium size of the map during half time.

In the last half of the game in every week we had the dark days event which doubles the encounter strength and made it very hard to get in controle of new buildings.
H had trained up his hero and managed to get some very good skills which enabled here to kill even 2 legendary creatures in the same battle during the dark days.
S didnt had so much luck. The Hero Only on Level 2 but with T4 Elite Units (where each can take up to 5 hits) and T2 Centaurs (good Initative at low cost and good might value) i thought to that i can do the same with my mighty orcs as the weak humans...and even do better.
Well... it was a mistake. In the first battle round the first legendary creature (might 4) managed 10 hits on my army (terminator 1 hit= 2 hits)
which decimated my army hardly. After that the second encounter (because of the dark days) did another 8 damage. With this losses it was not possible to get 16 hits (2x8 Threat) anymore so i had to flee.

The other factions startet to steal mines of each other and tried to get more VP while S was nearly out of the game because it was my second army i lost to encounters and had to start again with no armies... well at least that was my thought.
While i was cursing the dice Haven managed to get 3 Artefacts during the last 2 turns .
Because H had only 1 hero while J had 2 heroes she could not defend her mines and lost more and more points. During the last week she managed to get a valuable crystal mines back so we had
Stronghold 3 VP , Haven 9 VP, Jungle 6 VP. In my last turn i recruited a hero with dimension traveller skill and a decent small scale army and managed in the last round to take over a crystal mine so we had S-6 H-6 J-6. Unfortunatley Jungle as starting player jumped on my second hero and managed in an exciting battle to defeat my hero and to gain controle of my newly conquered mine (last action card)
Haven as second player could not react because she didnt had any action card with movement left. My last turn was to attack a mine which would gave me 1 VP which maybe had made the difference between victory and draw. My starting hero (who was still level 2) attacked a common army (might1) with 1 cyclop (2 hits might5) and 4 centaurs. The Common Creatures managed to kill my whole army. Well... dice really hate me.
So we endet the game with the scoring of S-3 H-6 J-9.

All in all a very exciting game. We had tons of fun and even after i was fisted by the dice i hope to get the game back on the table soon.
Very good game. Im very excited of the expansion which hopefully brings a second battle track, more heroes, buildings to make the factions more different and at least new faction(s).

I lost 2 whole armies to creatures and still had, at least a theoretical chance to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schwarz
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceridan wrote:
All in all a very exciting game. We had tons of fun and even after i was fisted by the dice i hope to get the game back on the table soon.

Nice session report... even with some bad language.
Can't wait to play this one myself (also bought it in Essen) and especially this let me hope for my bad luck with dice:
Ceridan wrote:
I lost 2 whole armies to creatures and still had, at least a theoretical chance to win.

So, even if the dice don't roll in your favour it seems that you can still win. We will see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.