Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Ship Pack 1 is out, what are your wishes, if any, for Ship Pack 2 ?

For me at least:

- 4 starbases in all 9 colours.
- 3 sets of ships for the RotA aliens.
- Some additional dices.
- More discoveries.
- More developments.

... (to be inserted later)

A lower price or a better quality of the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Human and Magellan starbases, ships for the other races, better quality (attention to bend issues would go a long way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Marach
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Question, now that I have started to paint my ships there is much work left but this are some things I'd love to see:

- at least 3-4 full sets of redone human ship designs inclusing plastic star ases which better complement the ships for the alien races.
- at least 2 full sets of Magellan ships and bases
- the other missing alien RotA races
- Quality was ok for me (not overwhelming but ok since we got 108 miniatures with a lot of different sculpts.)
- perhaps miniatures for ancient ships

- Character Pilots to take command over single ships and enhance them in some way. (Perhaps with special Miniatures?)
- perhaps some new "special" hexes (similar to pulsar and supernova)

There is so much possible. I am happy about every new cool idea added to the game

Cheers
O.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Essential Miniatures:
*Three sets of Megellans (same designs, different colours) to match the RotA Colours
*Three RotA Alien ship sets (one with no Dreadnoughts, one with no Starbases of course)
*Six sets of Human Starbases to match the original six colours

Ideal Miniatures (could make SP3):
*An extra set of Megellans in White to match the SP1 optional player board
*Three extra sets of Human Starbases to match the expansion colours

Cardboard:
*Some Rare Technologies, Developments, Descoveries, etc
*Perhaps another race board like that in SP1 (which adds appropreately coloured Megellan minis to the ideal miniatures list)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elders of Solstice minis... hello?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My prediction:

2014 - Another big expansion, not a ship pack
2015 - Ship pack for the 3 alien races from RotA plus ships for three alien races from 2014 Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Not too sure about a second ship pack. It seems that complaints about the first one are making potential buyers hesitant to invest in it. And a second ship pack coming is dependent on the first one selling well.
So I'd like to see how well Ship Pack One will be doing.

If a second pack comes, I'm not sure if it will feature more than three alien fleets. With three more, all the player colours are covered - unless the new expansion finds a way of playing with twelve players.

Oh, some more wishes for if that second pack comes:
* A way to store the miniatures in the expansion box, so that they don't get damaged
* Blank hexes and tokens, so that we can create our own stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
human starbases

more dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Vanish wrote:
My prediction:

2014 - Another big expansion, not a ship pack
2015 - Ship pack for the 3 alien races from RotA plus ships for three alien races from 2014 Expansion

That's probably right since as we know, another big expansion is being tested..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb
Whymme wrote:
Not too sure about a second ship pack. It seems that complaints about the first one are making potential buyers hesitant to invest in it. And a second ship pack coming is dependent on the first one selling well.

You're quite right here, Ship Pack Two's chances are resting on the first ones success. Next few months will tell us whether to start planning pack 2 or not.

Lautapelit.fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Whymme wrote:

You're quite right here, Ship Pack Two's chances are resting on the first ones success. Next few months will tell us whether to start planning pack 2 or not.

Lautapelit.fi

I might be wrong, but looking at the price tag, the production in China and the speed they seem to be sold in Essen, I have the impression that it should be possible to make some money with it.
Taking into accout your great customer support as announced, I'm pretty sure that enough Eclipse fans will trust you in delivering a good product that will be worth their money.
Staying with a mix of cardboard for the starbases and minis for the current fleets would leave Eclipse somehow incomplete in my eyes.
If there won't be a chance for ship pack two, I at least expect the missing minis for the starbases to be included in the next real expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Illing
United Kingdom
Oldham
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
toniemn wrote:

Lautapelit.fi

I've bought mine already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
COAT Christophe
France
Plouvorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In ship pack 2, i would like to have :

- Starbases for all human races (Eclipse and RotA)

- Designed ships for the RotA Alien races.

- Designed ships for the Elders of the Solstice.

- A lot of blank tiles (discoveries, technologies, Ambassador, starting exagons), in order to tweak the game. There are a ton of nice ideas in the BGG forums and image galleries... I'm pretty sure Forrest & Ryan Driskel will agree to that !

- And maybe some additionnal goodies.

And i'll be a really happy fanboy ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:

Lautapelit.fi

It's end of April 2014 now. Can we have an update regarding this? I was hesitant to buy Ship Pack One at first, thinking I don't need it, but ended buying it anyway, just to get that few extra bits and support the company. If there's no Ship Pack II, this Terran Separatist will be heartbroken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam T.
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some good suggestions for ship pack two, but why do most of you seem happy with just new plastic star bases for the humans?! I hate the original minis and would love to see all new minis for each Terran faction too. Or at least a few original looking Terran ships/bases.

In fact I use the red, black, and white minis from ship pack one as if they're humans anyway; since they look like they could be either/or to me. Excited to see what they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Whymme wrote:

Lautapelit.fi

Is there any news on this yet?

keep up the great work!

Robin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis dlc
Panama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of sad. This was published on 2013.

It's June 2015 and there are no news at all about a Ship Pack Two.

Actually they should have named it something else: Like "Ship Pack" without the one for starters, because at this point it really looks like there's not going to be any more expansions.

And what kind of lame name is "Ship Pack One"? They could have very well named it something like "Fleets" And that's a name that hits home! And it sounds cooler. Anything sounds cooler. Even "Fleet One" would have been cooler.

I hope they AT LEAST consider doing a kick-starter.

Yes... I am ranting. But It is a good hearted rant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noodles
United States
greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would 100% support a kickstarter for ship pack two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noodlemans wrote:

Yes, of course I would support it.
Maybe Burnming Suns will finally arrive this year with a lot of cool Minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WalMal wrote:
noodlemans wrote:

Yes, of course I would support it.
Maybe Burnming Suns will finally arrive this year with a lot of cool Minis.

If only the number of ships matched up for interceptors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Lehtinen
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noodlemans wrote:
Finnish Money Collection Act makes it it impossible to be a crowdfunding project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis dlc
Panama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j3st3r wrote:
noodlemans wrote:
Finnish Money Collection Act makes it it impossible to be a crowdfunding project.

That explains soooo much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
j3st3r wrote:
noodlemans wrote:

That's not an insurmountable obstacle, though. It's the same law in Poland and yet we have a lot of KS projects, just ran by an US entity. There's always a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sidney Johnson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
If you aren't going to produce Ship Pack Two, Perhaps just consider offering 3D printing designs for your customers to find their own printers to produce them. At least they would be officially sanctioned designs even if it wasn't cost effective to sell the packs directly you could support your customer base indirectly with what you had intended to be the designs had you actually gone to mass production. There seem to plenty of "Meeple" vendors these days..just pass on the designs to them and they can sell through their channels as branded/licensed products. Observe how Stonemaier games is handling some of the Scythe component upgrades these days for an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.