Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Reed
United States
Mount Holly
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you move that's your only action. So for the first turn of the game, if all 4 heroes move they will have to be attacked by a blight because a blight attacks any hero who ends their turn there. Am I seeing that right. (Kinda a crappy way to start out)

Also, if a hero attacks a blight and fails then the blight gets to attack the hero back because the hero is ending their turn on a space with a blight. Am I seeing this right?

If their are multiple blights on a space after a hero ends their turn there, do they all attack the hero? Does the player choose the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the blight. It is all spelled out in the list of blights at the back cover of the rulebook. Make sure to apply this ability and other special effects only to the blights that are endowed with them.

Also, I have always played it that I could choose the order of confronting the blights unless again a special feature of a blight required me to attack it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are correct with your interpretation of the rules. I believe you can resolve blights in any order. However, as far as the first turn goes, I've found that not every hero will move and be attacked by a blight.

1) Many blights do not specifically attack the heroes, they just have other negative effects for merely existing.

2) Many heroes have power cards with persistent effects that take an action to activate, and for many heroes this is a key ability that would be wise to do on the first turn.

3) There is at least one power, the Wizard's Rune of Nullification that stops one type of blight from triggering. He could use this before anyone moved to make an area with one blight safe for everyone if they moved there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct, afaict. Which blights attack, which do nothing, which have other, lasting or more general effects is spelled out in the list I mention. One needs go no further. Of course hero cards can have various effects on blights or the ability of each hero to attack, evade, etc but I did not go into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Reed
United States
Mount Holly
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.