Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still not sure of some elements of cooperative play after reading the official rulebook.

1. Lets say the nazis are the vile organization im up against. A card calls for the placement of a random villain. That villain is a mobster. If said mobster completes his mission or is KO, is he then removed from the game, or does he start using the ready/delay/ko cycle to be recurrently placed on the board like the nazi cillains?

2. Lets say artifact is deep jungle area. Two players are in this space. Do both players search individually for the adventure, or just choose one of the players to search for the whole group?

3. What if one player is on an adventure in deep jungle, and already passed a danger. If a second player comes to join them, do they automatically join the adventure, or do they have to search first?

4. Iaseked this elsewhere, but still dont know correct answer...if vile org is nazi, but a mob guy grabs an artifact, does it count towards increasing the villain track for the nazis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am obviously not an official answer, but I will give it a go:

Quote:
1. Lets say the nazis are the vile organization im up against. A card calls for the placement of a random villain. That villain is a mobster. If said mobster completes his mission or is KO, is he then removed from the game, or does he start using the ready/delay/ko cycle to be recurrently placed on the board like the nazi cillains?

If you are talking a main villain who goes on artifact missions, I am pretty sure they are removed from the game once they recover said artifact or are K.O.ed.

Quote:
2. Lets say artifact is deep jungle area. Two players are in this space. Do both players search individually for the adventure, or just choose one of the players to search for the whole group?

Hmmm. We have always played it that on Player A's turn, they search the jungle. If they find it, the team goes on the artifact adventure. If they do not find it, Player B searches on his turn.

Quote:
3. What if one player is on an adventure in deep jungle, and already passed a danger. If a second player comes to join them, do they automatically join the adventure, or do they have to search first?

In this situation I would rule that the second player must search the jungle before joining up with his buddy.

Quote:
4. I asked this elsewhere, but still dont know correct answer...if vile org is nazi, but a mob guy grabs an artifact, does it count towards increasing the villain track for the nazis?

I am pretty sure that Jason Hill answered that in these situations, the organizations are considered to be working for each other. So, yes - it would raise the villain track.

I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McGuire
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mont Van wrote:
I am obviously not an official answer, but I will give it a go:

Quote:

If you are talking a main villain who goes on artifact missions, I am pretty sure they are removed from the game once they recover said artifact or are K.O.ed.

Quote:

Hmmm. We have always played it that on Player A's turn, they search the jungle. If they find it, the team goes on the artifact adventure. If they do not find it, Player B searches on his turn.

Quote:

In this situation I would rule that the second player must search the jungle before joining up with his buddy.

Quote:
4. I asked this elsewhere, but still dont know correct answer...if vile org is nazi, but a mob guy grabs an artifact, does it count towards increasing the villain track for the nazis?

I am pretty sure that Jason Hill answered that in these situations, the organizations are considered to be working for each other. So, yes - it would raise the villain track.

I think...

#4 is definitely not that way. I played this wrong last night and then found the correct rule. If the Nazis are the Vile Organization and Mob Villain enters the game, any artifacts or Fortune coins that Mob Villain collects are discarded and don't advance the Villain Track.

As for 2 and 3, I've always played that each Hero has to individually find the Adventure in Deep Jungle. If one player finds it and the other doesn't, then the one that found it adventures solo until the other can manage to find his way to the adventure site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ardrikk wrote:
#4 is definitely not that way. I played this wrong last night and then found the correct rule. If the Nazis are the Vile Organization and Mob Villain enters the game, any artifacts or Fortune coins that Mob Villain collects are discarded and don't advance the Villain Track.

Check this post by the designer of the game (I bolded for emphasis):

jchill7 wrote:
All of the Villains are assumed to be working together (unless you are using multiple Vile Organizations in some capacity). This means that any Artifact collected by a Villain is given to the current Vile Organization, regardless of which Villain recovers it, or in the case of this Major City Event, which Henchmen recover it.

-Jason

Out of curiosity Chris, where did you find the correct rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thewagon wrote:
Ardrikk wrote:

jchill7 wrote:
All of the Villains are assumed to be working together (unless you are using multiple Vile Organizations in some capacity). This means that any Artifact collected by a Villain is given to the current Vile Organization, regardless of which Villain recovers it, or in the case of this Major City Event, which Henchmen recover it.

-Jason

I guess I have been playing this one wrongblush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McGuire
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thewagon wrote:
Ardrikk wrote:

jchill7 wrote:

-Jason

Interesting...so I guess I did play it right the other night. Sorry for spreading confusion there.

I got what I thought was the correct rule from the fan created rulebook...I think Mattias created it. I've used it from day one, actually, because it's laid out in a way that makes more sense with all the "Advanced Rules" incorporated into the rulebook throughout (instead of Flying Frog's annoying habit of separating them out until later because they think first time players can't handle them). I believe it was also supposed to have incorporated some rules clarifications and FAQ into the rulebook itself. I guess it got this one wrong though.

Here's the link for that rulebook:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/79862/the-complete-rul...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Fan" created rulebook, although is very helpful in learning the game and in most cases accurate, some of the rules are the creators interpretations or simply house rules and by no means official. I always play Villains from another faction always play against the current vile organization in play, working against them and you because I like this rule thematically more then one organization siding with another enemy. As the designer pointed out however, this is not the correct way to play when 2 organizations come into play therefor, by no means "Official"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.