Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
Last night I realised - confirmed - that Puerto Rico may not be that so called super game when played with 3.

Carlos start the game with the builder and got a small market, Paulo did the same and Nuno bought nothing.
Paulo have chosen the mayor and got a colonist to activate his small market and the indigo.
Nuno, obviously, choosed the craftsman and was the only one producing at these point (corn).
In the other next two/three turns Paulo got coffee and sugar (thinking about the factory), Carlos, with no alternatives got indigo and large indigo plant, and Nuno got tabacco and a quary. And the game was decided at this point.
In a further round Paulo got a factory, Nuno also did and Carlos got a wharf and a harbour. At this point Carlos was producing 4 indigo, 1 sugar, Paulo 2 coffes, 1 sugar, 1 indigo, Nuno 2 tabaccos, 1 corn and 1 indigo.
We had left about 15-20 victory points and everything was +/- even.
With the three boats and a wharf Carlos, easilly shiped always his production and was always ahead of us. We had no chance of beating him after some point. With a bit more time we could but the victory points were finishing.

I think that having a large production of one product, three boats available to everyone and a combo of wharf and harbor there's no way we could stop a victory. In a three players game. If there is please help me to understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Siwanowicz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To learn how to stop a combo, play the combo on BSW and see what the 60% win percentage player does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.