Dian Kosztolanyi
msg tools
To acquire (for example) CAPE OF ESCAPE it says " check to aqcuire DEXTERITY STEALTH 8 "

my question: If I dont have stealth skill but I have high dexterity with VALEROS ...do I roll with 1d8 or 1d4 ?

thanks for answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
fogal wrote:
To acquire (for example) CAPE OF ESCAPE it says " check to aqcuire DEXTERITY STEALTH 8 "

my question: If I dont have stealth skill but I have high dexterity with VALEROS ...do I roll with 1d8 or 1d4 ?

thanks for answer

It's one or the other. So in your case, use Dexterity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fogal wrote:

thanks for answer

You always choose ONE of the listed skills. If you don't have ANY of them, you can roll a d4 (and add blessings etc to still have a shot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

This way other users will be able to find your question in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that there may be an instance where you'll want to choose a skill you don't have (and roll 1d4) because you may have a card that boosts a check of that skill.

If you have "A" but not "B" in an "A or B" check, and your "A" is 1d8, for example, but you have a card that adds 1d10 to a "B" check, then you may choose to do "B" instead, since it overall has better odds but uses a card.

"A": 1d8
"B": 1d4+1d10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
Keep in mind that there may be an instance where you'll want to choose a skill you don't have (and roll 1d4) because you may have a card that boosts a check of that skill.

Or that grants an automatic success with that skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.