England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think it's necessary to use some kind of marker, say a backgammon piece, to keep track of whether a piece is exempt from being moved. Either after being moved by the Pillbug, or after moving directly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first two games with the Hive: The Pillbug Thursday, and we had no trouble. It basically is just exempt from moving for one turn, so it's easy enough to keep track of. That said, the pillbug really messes with experienced Hive players, as for the first time things can actually be pushed around the Hive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I played Pillbug on boardspace only. There were no problems with it, since the program didn't allow me to move certain pieces. In the real life, while I see no problem with tracking which bug was recently moved, there may be some problems with bug immobility after being moved by the Pillbug, especially if there are two bugs moved in a single game turn. After adding the Mosquitoes and when one Pillbug moves several bugs on subsequent turns, one can get lost sometimes. You can flip the tiles (but the Mosquito can still mimic them and you'll have to flip them back). I don't think that will become a major obstacle, but for some players it may be annoying, especially at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
there may be some problems with bug immobility after being moved by the Pillbug, especially if there are two bugs moved in a single game turn. After adding the Mosquitoes and when one Pillbug moves several bugs on subsequent turns, one can get lost sometimes.

Shouldn't there ever be only one piece exempt from mobility, no matter how far into game turns you may find yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Only if you have a truly pathetic memory (maybe like the protagonist in the film Memento ), since the status only lasts until the very next move.

It would be analogous to marking a stone in Go which just captured in a ko situation to remember that you can't immediately recapture the stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
there may be some problems with bug immobility after being moved by the Pillbug, especially if there are two bugs moved in a single game turn. After adding the Mosquitoes and when one Pillbug moves several bugs on subsequent turns, one can get lost sometimes.

You're misunderstanding the rule somehow.
A pillbug can only move one bug in a turn.
And the status of being blocked only lasts one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.