Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Casual, non binding rant...

We are putting everything we got into this game, not saving any graphics or extra components for stretch goals. The basic idea is to deliver this complete game with an additional class as a reward for the supporters.

For the number of cards, there are quantities specified by factories and it is efficient to conform to these quantities.
In case of Ludo-Fact for example, the appropriate number of cards would be 72 Tarot size and 150 euro minis, which is what I am presenting here:
Card quantity list

And honestly, it is a nice amount of cards, that will make up a very variable game, that is at the same time tight and balanced. The game with these cards and tokens feels to me what it is suppose to be at the start. Seriously check the list we have already, there are so many combinations.

I dare to say that I even would not want to add more stuff to the game at this point and I would be a little afraid of balancing it all out. Truth is, the game is incredibly expandable. I would rather let it be played, critiqued and perhaps release a big expansion later on, when all the ideas are precisely fleshed out. There are some major ideas for expansions by the way, some already have been tested to ensure that they would work. At this point they could be only called dreams though

So what the stretch goals could be, if not more stuff?

Well here are my ideas for stretch goals so far.
See if these excite any of you and of course I would love to hear your ideas.

1. Mounted game board for the map. With some sweet graphics, space for party inventory/gold/rations. Also spots for various decks. If we did it, we would probably remake the map tile graphics so they merge with the map board transitions better.

2. Nice set of dice. Chessex nice.

3. Guaranteed expansion release. Let the dreams come true, and also be assured that the game will be expanded and supported. Just a promise, is it worth putting on a stretch goal? After all if the game is successful the expansions will come anyway.

4. Player boards with redone large class graphics. On the class boards 3 class ability cards would be printed. Also there would be slots for equipment cards and new abilities. This helps set up the game because the basic cards are printed on the board. The boards would take more table space then the current form though.

Well there you have it, does any of that sound good to you? Please let me know what you think.
Also any Indiegogo/crowdfunding advice is more than welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't like stretch goals. If pushed to choose something I would vote for the nice set of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad you're not holding back on anything, or leaving stuff out just for the sake of stretch goals. Kudos to you all!! thumbsup
As what to actually have for enticing stretch goals . . .

1. Nooo to a map! Having a free form mapless setup is one of AoD's strong points. It's not necessary and only adds bulk to the game, no matter how pretty it is.

2. Awesome dice is good! Also larger and with enough sets so players don't need to share.

3. A promise if successful!? As you said, a bit wonky.

4. A player board is always good, but not necessarily to organize/arrange your cards on/around. I'd prefer one as more of a player aid/reference for sequence of play with rule snippets, combat sequence, etc.

Other:
Along with the usual improvement to card stock, another goal could be to replace the unit tokens and counters with stickers on wooden disks of various sizes. More wood is always good.

Best wishes on the project. I'll be watching. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Yea stretch goals don't need to be more items, monsters or whatever. They can be just upgrades of the current components. So when you see the game on the table and you just go WOW this looks awesome!

Small examples:
-upgraded tokens for the hero's, monsters.
-cool class specific dice
-more artwork for the mapcards so it doesn't all look like the same forest or mountain
-artwork for the monsters ( i am thinking about the prototype you showed rahdo )
-maybe a small arena board for the combat so it is very clear to see who is adjacent to who
Etcetc

I can go on if you want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think having some well-thought out stretch goals, in case of overfunding, is both prudent and probably fun (getting to expand your design, or simply upgrade its components).

Sounds like you've got a rock-solid game here, I don't think you should add too much to it mechanically.

I personally always love when games that are primarily card-driven include a board, so that would get my first vote. It adds to the atmosphere, and reduces the potential for spatial confusion, IMO. You want your players thinking about the game, not where to put their piles of chits or decks of cards. There's a reason why a mounted board was included in Thunderstone 2.0, and why people would pay extra for a Sentinels of the Multiverse playmat (I would link, but I can't find a single darned pic on the Geek).

Everything that I said above would apply to personal player boards as well. The only thing I would caution is growing the game's in-play footprint so much that table size becomes a serious consideration (looking at you, Arkham Horror!)

Better dice, absolutely.

Another stretch goal would be an upgrade to the quality of the box. If you were planning for a gloss finish, perhaps you could upgrade to a linen finish. Or upgrade your material to make the box stouter (all games should aspire to have a box like Fantastiqa does).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Yes well the board and custom dice are excessive, but these are the things I would WANT in the game. Don't need them, the Thunderstone reference regarding the board is, for me, very accurate.
These stretch goals might appear in the campaign. It really comes down to money.

Forgot to tell you guys about my basic reward idea.
I have seen a lot of projects putting names of supporting members in a manual or some sort of website.

What am I planning to do, is to create a graphic for the outer sides of the box. The sides you see after taking the lid off.
So that wold be some sort of cool, fantasy memorial wall or... mass grave tombstone with the names beveled in it. With spider webs, skulls lying at the base etc.

Basically a more themed and direct way to put the supporters on the product. Could be fun looking for Your name on the wall.
Very curious what you guys think about this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thats cool! Would love to see my name on there.

Anyway, hows it going for shipping costs? Because that really puts me off for a lot of projects. All those games ask for like 100 dollar for the game and then ask for like 50 dollars for shipping... I understand why but there are always solutions for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
According to the current game weight, the shipping will not be anywhere near 50$, certainly not to Europe, where the game will be most likely shipped from. Nothing official right now, but generally I can tell that shipping to US and Europe should be affordable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gautier dhordain
France
lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, since it is a card game, I would love to have though cards. Last card game I saw was Invaders and its cards were so thin...

Player boards would be my first choice, followed by customs tokens and enhanced dices.
One strech goal could be alternate art for an hero (male/female).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jdourd wrote:
One strech goal could be alternate art for an hero (male/female).

Big +1 for that. Ideally it would just be a part of most games without having to be a stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
madyoss wrote:
According to the current game weight, the shipping will not be anywhere near 50$, certainly not to Europe, where the game will be most likely shipped from. Nothing official right now, but generally I can tell that shipping to US and Europe should be affordable.

Albeit a high one to achieve, a stupendous stretch goal would be free shipping worldwide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
One thing you shouldn't forget to add is gameplay videos. I hate it when projects don't give any information about gameplay. Look at shadows of brimstone. MINI's!!! But what about gameplay????????????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:
One thing you shouldn't forget to add is gameplay videos. I hate it when projects don't give any information about gameplay. Look at shadows of brimstone. MINI's!!! But what about gameplay????????????

There is one already Made by Rahdo at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Ofcourse that is why i am interested in this game. But it needs to be put onto the indiegogo page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jeffery
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
When is it likely to go on indiegogo and what kick starter price are you looking at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bonin
United States
Otsego
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks fun, comical, and something I can play with my nephews. I would love to get in on this game. When is the Indiegogo campaign beginning, or did I miss it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Bryan- At the end of Rahdo's vid, the designer mentioned it should be appear on Indiegogo early January...

Also really looking forward to see how the campaign will develop. As for stretch goals, I guess any component upgrade would be nice indeed (map+monsters cards art/tokens/dice...) .

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thanks guys.
We have a project update posted here:
Update

As for the price question. I cannot answer it officially yet, but we are looking at a price around 45$ with free shipping to the US or EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think playmats (like the ones for Pixel Tactics) would be very nice and they shouldn't be too expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Depew
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I'd love to see Q workshop dice available, either as an add on or stretch goal. When I see dice like those in a game it just makes me want to roll them. I prefer pretty dice to minis at this point because I have so many minis, and the dice are things I actually interact with.

2) player boards are a definite plus, they make my job of trying to get others to play much easier, assuming of course they are well designed.

3) Main board isn't bad, but not really necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
would love a main board and player boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Cantin
Canada
Quebec
QC
flag msg tools
mb
Am I the only who loves sleeves? ;)

That would be a sweet strech goal for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tgc97 wrote:
Am I the only who loves sleeves?

That would be a sweet strech goal for me!

I'd prefer better quality cards in the first place

Male/Female art for the characters would be good.

Upgraded dice would be OK, no need for custom though, that might just complicate fulfilment and reprinting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.