Berserk: War of the Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: (Probably) Stupid question about range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Basic and Melee Strike let you attack any adjacent creature. What about ranged attacks? Can you only shot creatures in a straight line from the attacker or can you target any creature who is within your range even if it is not in front of the attacker? The same question goes for blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis andreychikov
msg tools
There are 3 types of ranged attacks
-shot
-blast
-throw
Range for all this attacks is the same. Let me show you as an illustration. For example A - archer, Y - can shot, X - can not shot. A creature have range 3.
A-X-Y-Y-X
X-X-Y-Y-X
Y-Y-Y-Y-X
Y-Y-Y-Y-X
X-X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X-X
There are creatures with protection from shots, blasts and throws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard T
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not a stupid question sergio, as the rules are poorly written. In every other game when there is no diagonal movement you also have to count the range of your shots in a non diagonal (=orthogonal) way, but if the post before is right, range 3 means you can shoot 3 diagonal cards...

(For a kickstarter funded game (which I backed) the rulebook only gives you hints on ho to play. As a halfway experienced player you immidiatly wonder about so many lacking explanaitions and while gaming you really can get frustraded)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Clark
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have an equally dumb question. Can ranged attacks be protected and blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talon4life wrote:
I have an equally dumb question. Can ranged attacks be protected and blocked.

Without some sort of special ability, a creature only rolls the Defense die when it is alert and it is attacked by a Basic Strike. You do not roll the Defense die vs ranged attack, special strikes or magical strikes.

Some abilities may allow you to roll the Defense die against ranged attacks though, such as the Stout Hirdman, but those are rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Clark
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's kind of what I figured and how I been playing, otherwise elves don't stand much chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.