Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Siddons-Smith
United Kingdom
derby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have got the opporunity to get one of the editions but was wondering which one is better and why. I have played the old SPI version and i enjoyed the game. IS it worth getting the decision games version. If so, why?

cheers

Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Balla
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[thread=http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/596822/empires-of-the-middle...][/thread]

I ended up getting the later edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only encountered the SPI version which I own. Id always heard ti was the version to have due to change made in the later version but YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil,

I have both.

I would recommend the following.

getting the second edition...but unless you play with a large group using the original map.

the new map is not as functional, or nice - but is larger to allow more people to sit around.

the new counters suck - but they have some of the optional units like armies and fleets. the colours of the new counters are also poor.

the old cards were better, and more functional (not all the crap on the new ones), but the new ones have a bunch of new events.

so, it is marginally worth getting the new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.