semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been on a mission as of late to find games to play with my 2.5 year old. There doesn't seem to be very many (good ones) catered to that age. I started a geeklist for some ideas, and this game seemed to pop out at me. A thoughthammer order and a few days later...it had arrived.

The premise of the game is simple. Each person has a bedroom board. On each turn, you pass a bag around the table with bedroom furniture pieces and monster pieces inside. Each person draws one piece. If it's bedroom furniture, you place it in your room (duplicate pieces are shared with other players who don't yet have that piece). If it's a monster, you throw it in "monster jail" in the center of the table. The point of the game is to collect all the monsters in monster jail, and then to dispose of them in whatever creative way you decide...unless of course your toddler is anything like mine. He thinks it's fun to collect the monsters and, at the end of the game, use them to destroy the bedrooms. Either way, he has a blast.

He constantly asks to play "The Monster Game", so it appears it's a big hit. My wife and I have a blast watching how excited he gets when he pulls out a monster. It teaches how to take turns, sharing, and the fact that monsters don't have to be scary. I would recommend this game to anyone with a 2-3 year old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.