Popular Tags: [View All]
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Crazy idea I had mentioned during the Kickstarter campaign that I kept meaning to write up and never got around to. It clicked after I thought about using one of Steve Jackson's Cthulhu Dice with this.

This is a variant rule for turning the Asenath Waite First Player marker (or some other First Player marker) into a functional in-game unit. This is totally untested, open to change, and possibly a bad idea, but just wanted to throw it out there. I'm not even sure if the Asenath Waite figure would be too big as I haven't seen the finished miniature yet. It takes some of the mechanics of Cthulhu Dice, but also turns the Asenath Waite unit into a hot potato bomb.

Asenath Waite
Cost: 2
Combat: 0
Summoning Req: Summoning player must be the First Player and must sacrifice a Cultist at the gate Asenath is being summoned to; the Asenath Waite First Player marker is summoned to the board.

On each turn after Asenath is summoned to the board, control of Asenath goes to whichever player is the First Player. After the First Player is determined and control of Asenath is decided each turn, that player also gains 1 Power for controlling Asenath.

Dark Incantations (Action: Cost 0): Choose a player whose unit occupies the same location as Asenath and roll the Cthulhu die (or a 12-sided die). If this ability is not used this turn, roll the Cthulhu die at the end of the turn and ignore all results except for an Elder Sign.

Cthulhu (1) 8% - All players with units at the same location as Asenath lose 1 Power, including Asenath's controller (place 1 token on Asenath's loyalty card for each Power lost in this way).

Eye of Horus (2) 8% - You may swap control of Asenath Waite and one of that player's units anywhere on the board until the end of the turn. GOOs are immune.

Elder Sign (3) 8% - Asenath Waite is killed, all other units in the same location are Pained and Asenath returns to being the First Player marker. The controlling player will lose an amount of Power equal to the number of tokens on her loyalty card after the Gather Power phase of the next turn. All tokens on her loyalty card are then removed.

Yellow Sign (4-8) 42% - The targeted player loses 1 Power this turn and a token is placed onto Asenath's loyalty card if that player lost any Power.

Tentacle (9-12) 33% - If there are any tokens on Asenath's loyalty card, Asenath's controlling player may remove a token to gain 1 Power this turn.

Catch phrase!

Other Cthulhu Wars projects/variants:
Cthulhu Wars Compendium
Cthulhu Wars: HEX (map variant)
Cthulhu Wars: Singularity (Single-player)
The Destroying Eye faction
The Shifting Blade faction
Liber Maledicta: Neutral Spellbooks
Asenath Waite/Cthulhu Dice variant
Location cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.