Subject: 3.0 HQ Damage Counter Assembly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gittins
England
Billingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone having trouble assembling the HQ damage counters following the diagram in rule book? The reason i ask is that in the diagram the male plastic connector goes under the circular dial and the female connector goes on top after assembly of the other section. This is not possible at all for me as the hole in the top HQ section is just a pin hole unlike in the diagram so the female plastic connector will only fit through the dial section, so i have had to assemble the connectors opposite way round. I'm wondering if everyone else has this issue? should I have risked damaging the top HQ section by making the hole bigger? as in the diagram it shows a similar size hole in each section :/ (hope this makes sense)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's the 21st century, let's not get too hung up on the male-female false dichotomy...

But seriously, if the pieces fit and the counter is functional, you have likely done things right. Odd changes are sometimes made during the production phase of product manufacturing, and the pertinent manual references may not be updated for changes made at the production site.

If it's working, you have done well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i didn't read the instructions, i just fitted it together as you describe. This works fine so i assume the rule book is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, I just tried for 15 minutes to fit it the way the rulebook says. I came on here in desperation, and now I feel like an idiot.

Yes, the rulebook diagram is wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 1.
Punch-out small round HQ health marker

Step 2.
Place HQ health marker on the HQ health track on the board.

Step 3.
Discard useless spinny thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.