Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big fan of the game, started pushing it a few weeks ago at my local game store with the p&p copy and we've got quite a few players now. Some questions that have come up recently though:

1) Doppleganger vs Technologist/Curse Knight/etc.
Doppleganger: "Reveal an Order from your hand, and execute its effects"
Technologist: "Keep this order in play for the rest of the round..."

Does this work? It seems that either the card is revealed from the hand but no effect is applied (since it is not "in play") or that the card is played from the hand in which case using the dopplegange on it was meaningless.

2) Larimore Burman vs Pyromancer
Larimore: "Heroes in this unit can use any of their attack powers regardless of position"
Pyromancer: "[Vanguard]: Attack: Do 3 damage to each enemy and hero in melee"

If I have my Pyromancer in the rear with another hero infront of it, can it still use its attack ability? Whenever a hero ability refers to "in melee", does the unit itself have to be in melee to use that ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
Big fan of the game, started pushing it a few weeks ago at my local game store with the p&p copy and we've got quite a few players now. Some questions that have come up recently though:

1) Doppleganger vs Technologist/Curse Knight/etc.
Doppleganger: "Reveal an Order from your hand, and execute its effects"
Technologist: "Keep this order in play for the rest of the round..."

Does this work? It seems that either the card is revealed from the hand but no effect is applied (since it is not "in play") or that the card is played from the hand in which case using the dopplegange on it was meaningless.

I don't know the official word for this, but here's what I would do:

If you play the Doppleganger and use its effect to reveal the Technologist order, you keep the Technologist card, and you put a token in play that acts as a "ghost copy" of the Technologist order effect. That way, both effects work.

Keeping the Technologist order in play is just a reminder for a continuous effect. If you can't have the card in play (because its effect has been cloned), suit yourself another reminding method.

delta_angelfire wrote:
2) Larimore Burman vs Pyromancer
Larimore: "Heroes in this unit can use any of their attack powers regardless of position"
Pyromancer: "[Vanguard]: Attack: Do 3 damage to each enemy and hero in melee"

If I have my Pyromancer in the rear with another hero infront of it, can it still use its attack ability? Whenever a hero ability refers to "in melee", does the unit itself have to be in melee to use that ability?

You can use it from the rear, because it is NOT a melee atack, but an Attack Power. It just damages directly the opposing melee heroes.

The only "in melee" requirement for that ability is for your victim (the target heroes). The user of the ability is not required to be in melee, because in order to activate an Attack Power you do not have to be in melee, you just have to be in the correct Wave position (and thanks to Larimore, you can be in any Wave, thus Rear is fine too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollyhock wrote:

I don't know the official word for this, but here's what I would do:

If you play the Doppleganger and use its effect to reveal the Technologist order, you keep the Technologist card, and you put a token in play that acts as a "ghost copy" of the Technologist order effect. That way, both effects work.

The only problem is that if it does work this way it's stupidly powerful. Technologist's order is that the neemy recieves 1 less action per wave. If I can dopleganger it, then use it, my opponent gets 2 less actions per wave. Almost a whole round where I can do whatever I want and he can't do anything in response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
I would just keep the Technologist card in play, no token needed. If you do that, you're still doing what both cards say. You reveal Tech, do its effect (including keeping it in play for the round) then return it to hand after the round is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Skeith27 wrote:
I would just keep the Technologist card in play, no token needed. If you do that, you're still doing what both cards say. You reveal Tech, do its effect (including keeping it in play for the round) then return it to hand after the round is over.

The rules for Ongoing Orders explicitly say "Ongoing orders can only be activated from a player's hand. They cannot be triggered by another effect, like the Puppeteer, Doppelganger, or Mascot".

In v1.2, we're also adding a rule that Orders cannot be triggered in the round 1 ceasefire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.