Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using Doctor or Engineer. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam O'Caoimh
Ireland
Model Farm Road
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards mean that there has to be a co-reveal to remove an 'other team wins' condition.

But as co-reveals only occur between 2 people in secret, how do we know that this has happened?

Can the Doc & Pres just claim they co-revealed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
delanger wrote:
These cards mean that there has to be a co-reveal to remove an 'other team wins' condition.

But as co-reveals only occur between 2 people in secret, how do we know that this has happened?

Can the Doc & Pres just claim they co-revealed?
Sure, players may cheat, but that is lame.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gerding
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
delanger wrote:
These cards mean that there has to be a co-reveal to remove an 'other team wins' condition.

But as co-reveals only occur between 2 people in secret, how do we know that this has happened?

Can the Doc & Pres just claim they co-revealed?
Sure, players may cheat, but that is lame.


I've actually asked a group to try to cheat this way and get away with it. They couldn't. First off, it takes two conspirators. For instance, not only does the Bomber character have to lie to EVERYONE at the end of the game, but so does the Engineer. Also, people aren't dumb.

"You guys weren't ever even in the same room!"
or
"I never saw you guys meet."

It is still possible to cheat... but you've gotta be good at it while still not caring that you're a horrible sport.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a significant chance they will get caught if they cheat in this way. I haven't had an issue with this myself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, played many times, never once seen anyone cheat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This topic has been covered in a thread regarding the Doctor and Engineer before. If you cheat, you're missing the point of the game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
This topic has been covered in a thread regarding the Doctor and Engineer before. If you cheat, you're missing the point of the game.


Or you are playing a different game... ninja















1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. New roles:

gray Cheater - try to help at least one other player cheat during the game. If they cheat, you win.

gray Rules Lawyer - if you can catch anyone cheating during the game, you win.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Haha. New roles:

gray Cheater - try to help at least one other player cheat during the game. If they cheat, you win.

gray Rules Lawyer - if you can catch anyone cheating during the game, you win.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.