Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb

In this situation and with the Finns about to attack, can I please get some help/advice in regard to the defensive support available to the Russians?

In fact, it would be HUGELY appreciated if someone could walk me through what happens in this particular combat.

In my mind I am using all three units to perform a concentric attack but I am unclear as to how much, if any, support the adjacent Russian units can offer...

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Soviet units in the picture would not be able to support their comrades. They are either in ZOC and most importantly do not have LOS (only over ice lakes). Adjacent ranged support is only allowed if the attacker is in an ice hex (see 10.3.6).

Edit: perhaps there are Soviet mortars or off-map artillery that can help? If so, they could target a stack with more than one Finnish company to get a better chance of causing a suppression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you - very helpful.

I guess I missed the 'can't contribute to combat when in an eZoc' rule - there's a lot to take on for a newbie surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thechangingman wrote:
there's a lot to take on for a newbie

I remember feeling that too, but the well written rules makes it easier than most games, and the game is such a blast that it´s worth it, so hang in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for chiming in, David. Sorry for my delayed response. The power was off here for the last 24 hrs and just came back on an hour ago. Luckily the temp was on in the 40's outside so no one was forced to build bonfires. This is the first time we've lost power in the new house so it was actually good practice before the inevitable snow hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.