Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Playing Netrunner as a single copy standalone. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Person
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
There is a group of about 4 or 5 of us that get together to play board games every now and then. We really can't all afford to invest in the game but we'd like to get copies of the sets and just keep one master collection among us all. Is this a viable way to enjoy the game? Are there good "standard" decks that could be build for each of the 7 factions to just keep intact using the base set and the large expansion with some smaller packs sprinkled in? Does anybody really even play this way? Me and a friend are going to play starter decks tonight to see how much we enjoy the game. We'll just swap out the neutral cards in the core set as we try out the different factions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Special C wrote:
There is a group of about 4 or 5 of us that get together to play board games every now and then. We really can't all afford to invest in the game but we'd like to get copies of the sets and just keep one master collection among us all. Is this a viable way to enjoy the game? Are there good "standard" decks that could be build for each of the 7 factions to just keep intact using the base set and the large expansion with some smaller packs sprinkled in? Does anybody really even play this way? Me and a friend are going to play starter decks tonight to see how much we enjoy the game. We'll just swap out the neutral cards in the core set as we try out the different factions

People do play this way and it's how I got started. After a little while, though, I couldn't hold myself back and I FELL INTO THE AWESOME ABYSS THAT IS NETRUNNER!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Special C wrote:

My same situation exactly. Here's what to know about the core set. It comes with 4 unique corporation and 3 unique runner decks. However, these decks are incomplete. There is one set of generic (i.e. not affiliated with any specific runner or corp) cards for both the runner and corp decks. These generics get mixed in with any one of the other unique decks to complete them. Since there is only one set of the generic cards you can only make one complete corp deck and one complete runner deck from the core set.

It is important to note, though, that there are three copies of all except 2 of each generic card. Why does this matter? Because you can often find 3 extra copies of each card in the core set that comes in triplicates on ebay on the cheap. That's because people buy multiple copies of the core set in order to get multiple copies of those cards that have only one included. Since you can only have three of any one kind of card in a deck they sell all the 3x cards on ebay. For example, I just bough 3 copies of each card that comes in the core set in triplicates for $9 with free shipping. That means that I have all the cards (except for Melange Mining Corp. and Hunter) to make another set of generic cards. Now I can make 4 decks out of one core set!

What to do about Melange and Hunter? You can use proxies for those.

Have fun, Netrunner is an awesome game!

*Edited for gramar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.