Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Weller
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK so I have 2 sheep in a field and a boar in my house, no other spaces. When it comes to the breeding phase what happens to the baby sheep, as I don't have anywhere to put it and cannot covert it to food immediately ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Your sheep won't breed unless you decide to eat the pig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin Addis
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pashnak wrote:
OK so I have 2 sheep in a field and a boar in my house, no other spaces. When it comes to the breeding phase what happens to the baby sheep, as I don't have anywhere to put it and cannot covert it to food immediately ?

Like in Agricola, it runs away.......

as per the rules on page 10....

If you have at least 2 Farm animals of the same type, you get exactly 1 additional (baby) animal of that type – but only if the new animal can be accommodated on your Home board. (Baby animals and parent animals may not be converted into Food immediately after the birth. You have to accommodate them on your Home board first.)

Cant wait to play this game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Weller
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahhh ok thanks. Time to make more room

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Pattyn
Belgium
moorslede
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have the two sheep in my house and not the boar .
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Boyce
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pashnak wrote:
ahhh ok thanks. Time to make more room

Balancing making room for animals is one of the best parts of Agricola, Agricola: All Creatures Big & Small and now Caverna.

Always wanting more space yet not wanting to waste it is fun. Seeing animals run away is not so fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hector
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
badge
http://brokenmeeple.blogspot.co.uk/
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually realised too late during one big game that we were playing the breeding rule wrong. We assumed that it was one baby for every 2 animals so everyone had an influx of animals. I assumed this was different in Agricola but apparently it's exactly the same there too.

............whoops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Soncin
Italy
Venice
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question: when the baby born and i have a space to put him in my table, than can I eat him or must I wait next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
EssE999 wrote:
I have a question: when the baby born and i have a space to put him in my table, than can I eat him or must I wait next turn?

If you can place it somewhere on your board, then you can convert it to food at any time after that (it effectivelly stops being a baby animal after you place it).

However you cannot eat it this turn, as feeding your dwarves happens before the breeding phase (field phase, feeding phase, breeding phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Soncin
Italy
Venice
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
EssE999 wrote:

If you can place it somewhere on your board, then you can convert it to food at any time after that (it effectivelly stops being a baby animal after you place it).

However you cannot eat it this turn, as feeding your dwarves happens before the breeding phase (field phase, feeding phase, breeding phase).

Thanks! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
EssE999 wrote:

More precisely: you must accommodate all your newborn animals first (or as many of them as you can) before you may eat any of them. It is not permitted to accomodate one newborn, eat it right away and then accomodate another newborn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.