Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If my player is on a cliffhanger, and a villain completes the adventure there and takes the artifact, do I still have to complete the cliffhanger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

(Note that you will still get any resulting glory)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Then what happens when you succeed? Do you get to camp down or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The adventure is over. You have to go on and do something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you always complete a cliffhanger once triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
According to the rules, once you complete a cliffhanger you can either press on or camp down. Since you can't press on you would simply camp down. Are you saying that you would roll for a random event as if you were in an empty space or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you don't roll for an event, because you did go on an adventure this turn. I agree that the rulebook could use a point of clarification on this -- something like "Either press on, camp down, or, if the adventure no longer exists, end the phase."

This happened to me last night and it was horrible. Time was of the essence, and one character was left stranded on a cargo ship while the artifact he was hunting sailed off in another direction. Cost us the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.