Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Poulos
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the additional damage done by the Chaos Dragon power (see below) considered separate damage when considering the effect of armor?

Quote:
Whenever another monster is defeated, 1 chaos damage to that player.

We had two Chaos Dragons on the board at once. When the third player killed his monster, he suffered two chaos damage from the power of the Chaos Dragons. He had a card that could reduce two Chaos damage, but we weren't sure if he would be able to use that card to avoid all of the damage, or if each triggered power was a separate effect for damage purposes (so he could reduce one of the attacks to 0, but the other would still damage him).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm. We'd say that you take both Chaos damage at once, but I can't show anything to support my case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is doubtless another one for the FAQ. I would also play that the armour can be used to block both dragon's attacks, that they be treated as simultaneous. The best argument I can make from the rules for this is omission: the rules don't say that damage occurring in the same phase of a combat should be resolved separately, therefore the inference is they are resolved at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Poulos
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an extension to my original question, would damage from an "On Attack" power also be considered lumped together with the monsters base damage?

For instance, the Undead Ogre has this power:

Undead Ogre wrote:
On Attack: 1 Chaos damage to each player

If I fail to kill the Undead Ogre during my attack, would I suffer 3 melee/1 chaos as one source of damage (that can be reduced by armor or other defenses), or do I suffer two separate instances of damage (3 melee and then 1 chaos)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
poulos_tim wrote:
As an extension to my original question, would damage from an "On Attack" power also be considered lumped together with the monsters base damage?

For instance, the Undead Ogre has this power:

Undead Ogre wrote:
On Attack: 1 Chaos damage to each player

If I fail to kill the Undead Ogre during my attack, would I suffer 3 melee/1 chaos as one source of damage (that can be reduced by armor or other defenses), or do I suffer two separate instances of damage (3 melee and then 1 chaos)?

Because the rules don't specify all too much I usually deal with damage based on timing rather than on source.

All damage dealt with resulting on an action can be dealt with after added together. This would answer to bothy our questions. But as mentioned above, an FAQ is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the wording "on attack" suggests the chaos damage happens at the same time as the regular combat damage, and so can be blocked from a single armour source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.