Popular Tags: [View All]
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of Blueprints at the Toy and Game Expo here in town where pre-release copies were available from Zman games. I had watched Radho's video and I was intrigued so since I was there I grabbed a copy and even chatted with the designer.

Gameplay

The game is quite simple and easy to learn and teach. The players take turns drafting dice from a communal pool. These use these dice to follow their blueprint to build a certain design. Players are awarded points for completing their design as well as the conditions of the certain dice.

Orange dice get 2 points for every adjacent dice
Green dice get more points depending on the amount of green dice
Black dice score more the higher they are in your structure
Clear dice score their face value

Once the scoring players are awarded cards for highest score, and for meeting other criteria. The awards are kept but the score is reset for the next round.

The game goes on like this for 3 rounds.

Components

The components are of a good quality and the artwork is quite nice. The cards are on nice stock, the dice look good and it all fits nicely in an appropriately sized box.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed playing Blueprints. It is well paced, balanced and quick to get to the table. After our first play my wife wanted to play again immediately and we did so again to play a total of three games in our first session. If you are in the market for a quick game that will meet the requirements of a nice filler or quick family game then check out Blueprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls