Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of Harsk's power feats he can choose is to look at the bottom card of the location deck instead of the top card. Can anyone tell me when this would be useful? I'm in the second adventure and I have yet to see when this would be more useful than looking at the top card. Other players in my game group are Valeros, Ezrin, Rogue, and Paladin. Is there a situation that I am missing or another character that this would be used in tandem to good effect?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe when you already know the top card because of using:
- Spyglass
- Augury
- Harsks ability on the previous round and not exploring meanwhile
- Closed location of Mountain Peek
- Enfeable
- etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is any immediately useful case for it, but sometimes even narrowing down your search range is handy. For example, when your blessings deck is running out and you have to decide how hard you need to push in the final location to corner the villain.

It can be practical to do that also when you have only 3-4 cards left in the deck, to figure out the likely order of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're surely going to be looking at the top card more often, but looking at the bottom card is handy too. The two most common examples I can think of :

1) The location has closed and a small pile of boons have been left behind. I might peek to see if it's worth my time to go all of the way for that bottom card or not.

2) If Harsk is totally armed and ready, I may not care what the next card is going to be since I plan to explore it no matter what. So I just peek at the bottom instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a requirement for the "look at top and bottom cards" feat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rebstock
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The best idea I have for that (other than "there are a couple cards left, what's that one") is if you have Harsk and Merisiel, Harsk can look to see if something on the bottom is particularly useful to you. If it is, and it'll take too long to get there, send in Merry, have her evade an encounter for free, and that bottom card all of a sudden is somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Birk
msg tools
mb
I am in agreement with John. There are times you want to know what is at the bottom of the deck.. If I see a henchmen at the bottom of a location, I don't want to waste time exploring it. If I see a villain at the bottom of a location, I need to either power through the whole deck, or use an effect to reshuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.