Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody knows how much language dependent will this game be?
I know english quite well, but I have some non-english speaking firends - how comfortable could we play together?

I know it is co-op game and there probably won't be any hidden information, but I can't image playing games like Pathfinder or LotR LCG with someone who don't know the language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good question. Given there are no rules or equivalent available it's hard to say.

I do get the impression that you would need someone with decent English skills to be a rules lawyer for the game, but as far as everyone else playing it, I can't imagine the cards and such require a high level of language skills.

I'd suggest asking this on the kickstarter page, as I'm sure your not the only person wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartosz, I think it`ll be the same as in other FFP products. 1 person can explain it all and you dont need all of the guys understand everything from the cards/etc

pozrawiam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
I'd suggest asking this on the kickstarter page, as I'm sure your not the only person wondering.

Thanks for the suggestion - done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you have one good English reader I think a group could play this fairly well. New text revealed during an adventure all seems to be on shared components, not specific to a player/character. So party-encounter cards are drawn while heroes don't have a personal deck or set of private objectives.

But then a lot of the fun does seem to be between levels browsing the character skill trees, seeing what's possible and dreaming about what you might do with your next two upgrades and what piece of equipment you might want to be saving for. I think this would be hard without a translation of the skill trees and town rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Schneider
Germany
Kamen / Unna
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The loot cards shown have no texts on them except their names/title. I hope the rest of the game is that language independant as well. Rules are a matter of translations.

I'll translate the rules to german for our gaming group as I've done with Fortune and Glory ... unfortunately FFP doesn't answer to emails, contacts and bgg-mails so I'm afraid rules in other languages will not be posted anywhere.

But one would guess we've got enough people visiting bgg to translate the rules to different languages when they're available.

But I assume that many cards and the hero- and monster-sheets will have alot of text on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the only real picture of the cards so far:

If all the cards are like this, then there wouldn't need to be much English needed to play. However, I have a feeling there are going to be other cards not-yet-released that will have a lot more text on them...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i am afraid there will be a lot of text on other cards.

too bad there's no french version for this game (and for the others products from this editor,their games are cool )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least English to French and vice versa are easy translations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
At least English to French and vice versa are easy translations.

yeah.In fact that's not a problem for me to play with english text,it's for my other players...so a need to translate the cards.

i will wait until i see more of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.