Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
I'm looking to purchase (not make) boxes as used by Coloretto/6 Nimmt!/Saboteur/Hanabi etc. They're designed to hold 2 decks of bridge sized cards and are 11.9cm by 9.4cm (4.7" by 3.7") but I can't seem to find any.
There are some tins and plastic containers of similar size on spielmateriel but I'd rather find cardboard if at all possible.
Does anyone know who sells these?

Edit: I've been through the stores listed here and in the wiki but unless I missed it none of them stock anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Bear in mind that a deep discount on one of these games might provide a box for cheaper than buying the box from abroad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Interesting suggestion. I'll keep an eye out though deep discounts are rare. Currently those sorts of games retail for $16.

Was really hoping for blank because I'm bad with doing neat fiddly jobs which papering over a box is. My backup plans are either the tins (with printable transparent stickers for labels) or TCG style boxes, perhaps the FFG ones with the clear window at the front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stuartfinlay wrote:

Does anyone know who sells these?

I'm pretty sure I came across a retailer who sold cardboard gift boxes in that kind of size quite recently - unfortunately from a quick look around I couldn't find anything.

They definitely weren't marketed directly for putting playing cards in, though - they were just small gift boxes, which happened to be fairly tastefully wrapped (unlike most gift boxes, it has to be said) and conveniently the right size for putting cards in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these:

You can fit two decks of standard playing cards inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:

Where did you get them, out of interest? Would they fit sleeved cards?

I realise that the OP explicitly said that he's not interested in making them, but for the benefit of anyone else who may be, you can make a telescopic box fairly easily yourself:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/785230/folding-box/page/1

The unfolded pattern for one that fits two decks of standard playing cards should fit on an A4 or Letter page fine - the largest one I've made from an A4 sheet can fit three boxes of Waddingtons cards side-by-side in their boxes. (Well, two A4 sheets - one for the base and one for the lid.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
zombiegod wrote:

Yes, they fit sleeved cards. As long as you don't sleeve too loose, standard playing cards can easily be sleeved. Fantasy Flight Green Size fit perfectly, although with sleeving you take up a lot of height, so will probably only fit one sleeved deck inside.

Different colours available here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Bichatse wrote:
zombiegod wrote:

Yes, they fit sleeved cards. As long as you don't sleeve too loose, standard playing cards can easily be sleeved. Fantasy Flight Green Size fit perfectly, although with sleeving you take up a lot of height, so will probably only fit one sleeved deck inside.

Different colours available here
What the heck is it that the guy and his child are slicing up in the picture?

Comedy photos aside, I haven't found a good solution for sleeving "double pack" games with quality sleeves. For example, I can (just) fit Hanabi in its box with standard sleeves, but not with quality sleeves. Standard sleeves do not withstand my shuffling - I use the "wedge and jam" approach when I have sleeved cards and it's somewhat rough on cheap sleeves - so I'd prefer quality sleeves, but they won't fit back in the box. GRRRRR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.