Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: New Zeds map by Tim Allen coming soon, free upon request with any VPG order. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read about that on the latest VPG update..oh man I'm so stoked for that. As you may remember I am not a fan of the 2nd ed map and I completely look forward to getting my hands on this new version, and for free no less. I plan to put in my request when it comes time to order the new Zed expansion. Hopefully the map will be ready by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

What he's referring to is the last article on this page:

http://victorypointgames.com/articleDetail.php?article_ID=32...

Dawn of the Zeds: The Director’s Cut
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww man I'm out because I need to use Amazon gift cards to get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would hope it is good to go with the new expansion. Great idea, loving VPG more and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Can't wait to get this!!! The expansion and map actually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is to make sure the alternate map will be fully compatible with the new expansion And the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"The idea is to make sure the alternate map will be fully compatible with the new expansion And the original game."

Correct, and we're playtesting them all together right now. :-)

http://victorypointgames.com/images/131103_Zeds_Directors_Cu...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimAllen wrote:
The idea is to make sure the alternate map will be fully compatible with the new expansion And the original game.

Will the final version be uploaded here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will the final version be uploaded here?"

Unlikely, I should think. Are any other C3i games posted on BGG? I don't think so...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zarate-Sanderlin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan, is this something we can request now with a new order or do we have to wait until you give us the green light? (I ask cuz I am eyeing Cruel Necessity for my next order . . . .)

Thanks for the ongoing awesome work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
"Will the final version be uploaded here?"

Unlikely, I should think. Are any other C3i games posted on BGG? I don't think so...

Alan Emrich

Are you mixing this thread about the new Dawn of the Zeds map up with the one where we talked about the C3i version of Soviet Dawn or am I misunderstanding something (I haven't heard of any C3i involvement in DotZ)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"Are you mixing this thread about the new Dawn of the Zeds map up with the one where we talked about the C3i version of Soviet Dawn or am I misunderstanding something (I haven't heard of any C3i involvement in DotZ)?"

Oops, yes! Too many threads!!

YES, the new Zeds map will be posted everywhere (it's free, after all).

And NO, you can't request it yet as we'd be holding your order for some time while we finished testing this, getting all the art and cut settings right for the new map, etc. So, you'll need to await the GREEN LIGHT from us before requesting the new Zeds map. Sorry...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
"Are you mixing this thread about the new Dawn of the Zeds map up with the one where we talked about the C3i version of Soviet Dawn or am I misunderstanding something (I haven't heard of any C3i involvement in DotZ)?"

And NO, you can't request it yet as we'd be holding your order for some time while we finished testing this, getting all the art and cut settings right for the new map, etc. So, you'll need to await the GREEN LIGHT from us before requesting the new Zeds map. Sorry...

Alan Emrich

Thanks, that sounds great. I'm considering getting a nice version of Tim Allen's board made, when it's done. This is one of those games where I'm willing to splash some extra cash, and I like his board much better than the old one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will it be available in the paper version, puzzle cut version, or both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:

Alan Emrich

Thanks, that sounds great. I'm considering getting a nice version of Tim Allen's board made, when it's done. This is one of those games where I'm willing to splash some extra cash, and I like his board much better than the old one.

And by the way, I think it's a classy gesture on your part to give the new board away for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be available in paper only (hey, we're giving it away free!), 2-sided.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new map is wonderful! Really gives the story that small town under siege' feel of the first version, which I loved. kudos to VPG for continuing to support and improve this already great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I guess I can talk myself into ordering another game (or two, or three, or four, or... ) to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that map only when ordering directly, or can also work with ordering with somebody else FROM vpg?

As in, i ordered something from nws, but it shipped directly from vpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korwyn D'Ambre
France
Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Is that map only when ordering directly, or can also work with ordering with somebody else FROM vpg?

As in, i ordered something from nws, but it shipped directly from vpg

I have a related question.

I'm french and will buy DotZ 2nd Ed. in a few weeks from a french shop.

So, can the shop get me the new map or do i have to buy from VPG's website ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter WHERE you bought ZEDS. To get a free map (ONCE THEY ARE AVAILABLE, WHICH IS "NOT YET"), you need to place an order for a game directly with VPG, and we'll include it in your parcel.

We will also make it available as a free download on BGG and our own web site, so you can always just make a "print and play" version.

i Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We just sent TIM ALLEN, the artist, our list of official corrections. That will keep him busy for a few days I suspect.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This means I can forget about making a new map and spend more time playing the game. That new prototype looks great. Thanks, VPG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
We just sent TIM ALLEN, the artist, our list of official corrections. That will keep him busy for a few days I suspect.

Alan Emrich

The only thing I've seen on the new map that I don't like is the big red X in town center. I think it cheapens the whole visual mood the map conveys. Do you really need an X marks the spot? That's just leftovers from that last map that I didn't care for much.

I like a map the represents the world I'm playing in, not a map that well uh..is trying to be an actual map. The "X marks the spot" symbol detracts from the emersion, making it appear as a map and not as a game world that I'm involved with. Just my 2 cents.

Other than that minor tidbit I love the look of the new map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the new map!

So can't order it by itself? I'd be willing to pay shipping. I'd also love to get an updated rulebook (I have 1.0) for the game with all errata and updates (I'd pay the cost of the new rulebook).

This possible?

*edit* Forget that last line. Just rechecked the rules updates, it appears the only thing is that Carter can't enter the tunnel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.