Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hi Guys,

My daughter is nudging me to ask this question...

Valeros' power: "Add 1d4 to another character's combat check at your location."

So Lini and Valeros encountered the new Skinsaw villain, Xanesha. She has two checks to be defeated: Wisdom 10 or Combat 14. And then combat 17.

Obviously Lini decides to use Wisdom on the first check at she has 1d10+2 for that stat. She asked Valeros for the 1d4 as we're at the same location. Valeros said "no" as this is a Wisdom check and NOT a combat check. Lini (and Abby) get quite mad (note: after all Abby is 9). Side Note: Lini still got the animal ally reveal of 1d4+2 so she still made the check.

Please confirm that Valeros (the dad) was correct here so that a certain scowl can be removed from the game table.

Thanks,

Ben (grumpy Abby).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Dad is correct...this time. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hahaha

...I tried to explain to her it was no different than when Valeros had to do a Strength 5 check to close one of the Skinsaw locations (and he couldn't use his +3 Melee bonus). Of course, that was not on her roll so she was less interested during that check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My daughter loves to bend the rules to her favor as well... heh. that and she keeps her blessings and her lightning touch in her hand. and SAVES them for the villain... when all locations are open and she just flipped the first blessing on the blessings deck to start the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bendbuddy wrote:
Hahaha

...I tried to explain to her it was no different than when Valeros had to do a Strength 5 check to close one of the Skinsaw locations (and he couldn't use his +3 Melee bonus). Of course, that was not on her roll so she was less interested during that check.

Frankly, I would be happy if mine would just stop shitting in her undies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C South, I know this isn't exactly a kids site, but you could have phrased that a bit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Proto Persona wrote:
C South, I know this isn't exactly a kids site, but you could have phrased that a bit better.

/shrug Tbh, I expected it to get auto-filtered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeramy Poulin
United States
San Digeo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HOWEVER, with the recent reverse ruling of what combat damage is, failing this check results in combat damage (and can be prevented by armor).

So this a non-combat check that results in combat damage if you fail.

I know Mike wants everyone to just use common sense to solve most of these rules issues but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.