Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kiko chirol
Brazil
rio de janeiro
rio de janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the design and the playability of this game (I've played it on the web), and I'm thinking about buying the game. But first I want to know if this game works well with two players, beacause I'm married and I want to play the game with my wife, who by the way, is not a heavy gamer.

Is queen's necklace a good two player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I have only played this as a 2 player game and it was very enjoyable. I cannot comment upon whether it is a better/worse expereince than with more players but it has definitely been fun with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kiko chirol
Brazil
rio de janeiro
rio de janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody for the help. Now I'll buy it for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
United States
South East
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you count cards, that doesn't break the game. You still don't know how many they will play if any, nor do you know on which gem they may or may not place a King (which you noticed they picked up earlier). Perhaps in the last scoring round it helps, but that's when the Kings (and the necklace) generally come out in force and if played right, one can still score a decent hand if they have the Queen's Necklace where a King will obviously be placed.

Also, if I know you have a King and know you are aware that I have lots of Diamonds, I can alter my play based on the score. If I am winning, I just play 1 diamond, making it the rarest (+40 and the King kills the sale) so that you don't have a chance at the +40 points in the final round if you are able to sell anything. If I am losing, I load up the Diamond sale and make it the most common (+0 and the King kills the sale), thus still giving me a shot at the +40 (rarest) gem sale.

I think a lot of people play this game off as easy, because you can track what someone has in their hand. The key is, a smart player doesn't necessarily play every gem in their hand, even on the last sale. The better the players understand this, the more challenging this game will be and knowing someones hand means less or can actually work against the person who thinks it is a big advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
    I agree with Z. This game is deeper than it appears even to someone who has played a dozen or more games. The auctions are a real sweet spot in the game -- with care you can turn a rough set of cards into a win. Knowledge of your opponents hand is a plus, but far from a certain advantage.

Well worth the inexpensive price tag on this one, and the ladies are more likely to enjoy this game than "Zombie Shootfest" or "Civil War Bloodbath."

A nice gift for someone just getting into the new games.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.