United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an issue of The General Volume 26, Number 1 with the Landsraad Maneuver variant printed inside. It contains art for the Leader chips and the rules to play the Landsraad faction.

Is it okay to post a scan of this page?
If so, where should it be posted? In the images section or the files section?
Avalon Hill isn't selling any back issues of this magazine, so anyone looking for this single page would be forced to find a decent copy on the secondary market.
I'd like to make it available if I can.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be in the files sections... but it probably will be refused as they are already there and on a few sites already.

http://www.starbasejeff.com/dune_resources.asp

Is just one such example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:
I have an issue of The General Volume 26, Number 1 with the Landsraad Maneuver variant printed inside. It contains art for the Leader chips and the rules to play the Landsraad faction.

Is it okay to post a scan of this page?
If so, where should it be posted? In the images section or the files section?
Avalon Hill isn't selling any back issues of this magazine, so anyone looking for this single page would be forced to find a decent copy on the secondary market.
I'd like to make it available if I can.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

In terms of any putative rights infringement I believe it will be entirely safe to post it. If the rights holders object then their first step must be to ask you to take it down. Which you would do. You will not be deriving commercial value so there will not be any revenue share for them to retroactively claim. They are not selling the item, so there is no harm to their revenue to claim in damages.

BGG may refuse to carry it, but honestly that would be quite at odds with their extensive posting of copyright material on the site. Their stance must be that their use constitutes either fair use or use so manifestly in the rights holders' interests that it is bound to be tolerated. For them to make an exception for this article would be to my mind paradoxical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.