Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Escape: Zombie City» Forums » General

Subject: Will this be a Kickstarter game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering, will this be a Kickstarter game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
i'm going to say YES

i'm not certain but i am certain ( if you know what i mean )
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
i'm going to say YES

i'm not certain but i am certain ( if you know what i mean )

I'm with Jonathan.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope not. I don't mind Kickstarter's premises as such. I understand the benefit to judge interest before production, but Kickstarter's US base really neglects a potential market overseas.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kronik wrote:
I hope not. I don't mind Kickstarter's premises as such. I understand the benefit to judge interest before production, but Kickstarter's US base really neglects a potential market overseas.


Much depends on the project manager and the publisher. If you're referring to customs lottery and transport costs, I've had kickstarters where the games were delivered for distribution centers for the different regions like EU / US / ...
In such cases, there was no (extra) customs fee and the transport costs were ok.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb

Let's just assume that, going forward, all Queen Games' games will go via KS.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That can be either good or bad.
Myself, I have no complaints at all about the kickstarter for DDD.

Just know that you are in some kind of pre-order business model and accept it or don't and keep away from it if that bothers you.
Me, I prefer that above Amazon any day.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Pauly
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Beeing a queen games release, this is a rhetorical question, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I love that the first forum thread for this game is about KS.

It's what Queen Games has become renowned for. Quality games? Innovative mechanics? Original themes? Nope, KS.


It's a shame really.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably yes but fear not!! for it will be sold at Essen next year fer sure, good sir.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to subscribe to my own thread! Sheesh!

I backed out of my early bird pledge on DDD because it got so confusing. I'm just hoping that it won't be the case here
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
I love that the first forum thread for this game is about KS.

It's what Queen Games has become renowned for. Quality games? Innovative mechanics? Original themes? Nope, KS.


It's a shame really.


And terribly run Kickstarters to boot. I'm never backing a Queen game again.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Newton
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recived my dark darker darkest a few weeks ago and am still waitng on my zombicide will gladly back another queen games is.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel G.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen hasn't been the worst Kickstarters by far, I did have a mix-up on Lost Legends but DDD was delivered without a hitch. Both games also look pretty good too, component wise too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lucero
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
I love that the first forum thread for this game is about KS.

It's what Queen Games has become renowned for. Quality games? Innovative mechanics? Original themes? Nope, KS.


It's a shame really.

Escape the Curse of the Temple is known for all those (well except KS).

As a sucker for zombie games, I'm all over this. I love Escape.

As for KS, I typically avoid Kickstarting a game from established publishers who use it simply as a pre-order system designed to reap higher profit margins. These games are usually much cheaper at retail if you are willing to wait a bit longer (The KS price for Zombicide was almost twice what I ended up paying for it). Many publishers are using KS to greedily overcharge for their games, and I recommend not buying into it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ash1138 wrote:

Escape the Curse of the Temple is known for all those (well except KS).


Agreed. Escape has some of the best quality I've seen in a game. Which is weird since it is a lite 10 minute game, which is ridiculously fun.

Ash1138 wrote:
(The KS price for Zombicide was almost twice what I ended up paying for it). Many publishers are using KS to greedily overcharge for their games, and I recommend not buying into it.


So the retail for Prison outbreak is $100. Which is exactly what backers paid, but they got more than the base game (zombie dogs, dog companions, lots of extra survivors, 2 extra sets of custom dice, extra spawn variant cards, and extra zombies of all three types). Where are you getting the base game (which doesn't come with all that) for almost 50% off retail?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
Ash1138 wrote:
(The KS price for Zombicide was almost twice what I ended up paying for it). Many publishers are using KS to greedily overcharge for their games, and I recommend not buying into it.


So the retail for Prison outbreak is $100. Which is exactly what backers paid, but they got more than the base game (zombie dogs, dog companions, lots of extra survivors, 2 extra sets of custom dice, extra spawn variant cards, and extra zombies of all three types). Where are you getting the base game (which doesn't come with all that) for almost 50% off retail?


And some of us saw the writing on the wall with Zombicide I and orderd TWO copies of everything... My ebay sale to Switzerland paid for my copy plus everything in Zombicide II and enough cash for the next "It" game on KS...

I assume most KS backers really feel that the bonus materials give them their monies worth, or obviously, they wouldn't pledge... and if YOU don't like the price point and the value in the KS, DON'T Pledge! Let others get the game/product on the shelves and then you can enjoy it at 30-40% off retail without all the extra goodies... No one if forcing anyone to pledge. I really don't get the complaining about KS and the pledge pricing!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3ripmav wrote:
kcBagz wrote:
Ash1138 wrote:
(The KS price for Zombicide was almost twice what I ended up paying for it). Many publishers are using KS to greedily overcharge for their games, and I recommend not buying into it.


So the retail for Prison outbreak is $100. Which is exactly what backers paid, but they got more than the base game (zombie dogs, dog companions, lots of extra survivors, 2 extra sets of custom dice, extra spawn variant cards, and extra zombies of all three types). Where are you getting the base game (which doesn't come with all that) for almost 50% off retail?


And some of us saw the writing on the wall with Zombicide I and orderd TWO copies of everything... My ebay sale to Switzerland paid for my copy plus everything in Zombicide II and enough cash for the next "It" game on KS...

I assume most KS backers really feel that the bonus materials give them their monies worth, or obviously, they wouldn't pledge... and if YOU don't like the price point and the value in the KS, DON'T Pledge! Let others get the game/product on the shelves and then you can enjoy it at 30-40% off retail without all the extra goodies... No one if forcing anyone to pledge. I really don't get the complaining about KS and the pledge pricing!


I'll just assume you were responding to Ash as I have no problem with kickstarters. I too bought 2 copies to fund one as with a new baby that was the only way my wife agreed to let me get it. I think the extras make the cost more than justifiable. The quality is there too. And I don't know where you are going to find the game new for "half" the cost.

Anyway, sorry to take the thread off topic. Back on. Queen games does a great job with their component quality. Escape is amazing. My friend just got his DDD last week and that game turned out way better than I thought it would and looks way better in person too. If they kickstart this, I am in.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Escape from the Temple, and loved it. I got the game, shipping, an expansion and lots of bonus stuff for the cost of a game. They said they wouldn't do it again. I sure didn't mind waiting awhile extra for good stuff (ahem, Up Front and AIYP).

They said that shipping to Canada would go up a lot IF it was available on newer kickstarters, so I hope they don't kickstart it, because I'll just have to wait anyways.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.