tommy lee
msg tools
I have;

Nightfall Base Game
Nightfall - Coldest War Expansion
Nightfall - Martial Law Expansion
Nightfall - Crimson Siege Expansion
Nightfall - Blood Country Expansion

2 of them came in small boxes as expansions and the other 2 besides the base game are stand alone expansions. My question is this;

Can all of these be played together or just the small box expansions added to the larger stand alone game and expansions?

I know the game dominion you can mix and match and just wanted to knwo how that works with these games.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Tolle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can all be played together. You may also use any set of wounds or mix all of them (or some combination of them) together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xcard wrote:
They can all be played together. You may also use any set of wounds or mix all of them (or some combination of them) together.

Also you can pick and choose which starter decks or even have different ones across the players. I forget where it's mentioned but so long as you use the same distribution of colors it's supposed to work, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
You can indeed mix whichever sets you wish.

With wounds, I recommend keeping half the deck the original version (discard all wounds, draw 2 cards per wound discarded) and also be sure to maintain an even distribution of bite/bleed/burn.

As for the starter decks, AFTER setup is complete, each player may customize their starter deck by choosing 2 of each color (e.g. 2x Bad Smoke, 2x JAREK or 1x of each).

Regardless which sets you play with, be sure to use the updated draft rules that started in Blood Country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
what rules version is blood country 1.3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
s3rvant wrote:

With wounds, I recommend keeping half the deck the original version (discard all wounds, draw 2 cards per wound discarded) and also be sure to maintain an even distribution of bite/bleed/burn.

As for the starter decks, AFTER setup is complete, each player may customize their starter deck by choosing 2 of each color (e.g. 2x Bad Smoke, 2x JAREK or 1x of each).

Regardless which sets you play with, be sure to use the updated draft rules that started in Blood Country.

have yet to play, what do you mean by discard all wounds, is this a game effect. Again I have yet to play so I am sure I will learn.

as for even just have 10-10-10 if its a 3 player game so on and so forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
bishnickee wrote:
s3rvant wrote:

have yet to play, what do you mean by discard all wounds, is this a game effect. Again I have yet to play so I am sure I will learn.

Also when you say setup you can add the cards, is sutup after the draft is done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bishnickee wrote:
what rules version is blood country 1.3?

bishnickee wrote:

The basic wounds read:
Your Cleanup: You may discard all wounds from your hand and draw 2 cards for each. Limit 1 wound effect per turn.

This means that once per turn just before your turn ends, you may discard all the wounds in your hand to draw 2 new cards per wound discarded. A huge help during the game, though wounds are ultimately negative points.

There are other wound types that have different text included in the other sets, but I recommend keeping half of your wound deck being this original effect as the card draw is an important catch-up mechanic in the game.

bishnickee wrote:

Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bishnickee wrote:
Also when you say setup you can add the cards, is sutup after the draft is done?

Yes. After the draft is complete and you are ready to start playing, that is when starter decks can be customized. That's basically the very last thing you do before starting to play.

Also note that I maintain a huge FAQ / Encyclopedia here on BGG for any card specific questions you may run into: Official Nightfall FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy lee
msg tools
so if i get this right, if the wound are in my hand they are like curse cards in Dominion. The difference being at the end of the game the wounds in my hand do not count to my score, though if I discard them they go into my wound pile or something and then they count.

looking at your faq now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bishnickee wrote:
so if i get this right, if the wound are in my hand they are like curse cards in Dominion. The difference being at the end of the game the wounds in my hand do not count to my score, though if I discard them they go into my wound pile or something and then they count.

They are indeed similar to curse cards in that at the end of the game they are -1 point each (even if in your hand). During the game however, at the end of each of your turns, you can activate a wound for its effect to help boost you up. The idea is that when you get hit, you get enraged, so you actually get stronger. Just don't get beat up too much or they'll start to clog your deck and have the opposite effect (which is why we give you 2 influence for free each turn: keep buying cards!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.