Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Wildcatters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transporting oil if the active player doesn't, and movement of tankers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello - a couple of questions that occur to me ahead of our first game.

1 if the active player chooses not to take action E3, transporting oil, can the other players still choose to have their oil transported as in the third bullet point? The active player may decide not to transport oil, for example, if it benefitted other players more than himself.

2 If more than one tanker is involved in transporting, because players chose different tankers, in what order to they move? This is important because some refineries may be at different stages of fullness. I guess the logical approach is to work out who is controlling each tanker, and then move them in player order starting from the active player.

Of course the player controlling a tanker may change as oil is offloaded, so does one tanker complete its entire journey including diverts from refineries that become full, before the next tanker moves? Or is movement order reassessed if the controlling player changes?

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gary,

I can't answer all of your questions, but here is what I do know (or at least am pretty sure of):

1. The active player pays $4 to initiate the oil transportation sub-phase. If the active player doesn't pay, the phase doesn't happen (i.e., no movement for anyone). I can't imagine a situation where the active player pays but declines to move (I don't know if that is even allowed).

2. You move tankers in player order (based on who controls the tankers) starting with the active player. If I remember correctly, you move the tankers first and then offload the oil (but I am goin from memory here).

An issue that came up in our last play is whether tankers can move to another port once a refinery is full (likewise, whether oil can move along rails to a different refinery after exiting the tanker). I probably need to re-read te rules on this section, but some clarification would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolf Sagel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello Gary,

In anser to your questions:

1)
Ben, got it right.
Only the active player can undertake action E.3.
- Other players may (only then!) decide to transport also.

Iff the active player decide to transport all his pumpjacks and, iff there is Wildcatter, will transport no exception.
- Iff other players decide to transport also all there pumpjacks, and iff there is Wildcatter's will transport no exception.

(What we did'nt say in the rulles is that you muched have oil in the area to do action E.3...So yes you can do the transport action without having oil... But why?!?)

2)
Starting with the active player.
He/she decide with which tanker he/she controle's transport first.
(i.g. 1 Red, 2 Yellow: Red transport to Africa: 3 oil are already there. Red offload his 1 red oil and 1 yellow oil. Yellow then choose to go to Europe.)

Then the second tanker.. and so on.

Once a refinery is full the other oil may not offload! It muched go to another refinary using the same tanker.
Iff there is no free spot in any refinery, then the oil will return to its point of origin.

Enjoy,
Rolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruderat wrote:
Once a refinery is full the other oil may not offload! It muched go to another refinary using the same tanker.
Iff there is no free spot in any refinery, then the oil will return to its point of origin.

Thanks, Rolf! If a refinery gets full, who moves the tanker with the remaining oil? Is it the same player who moved it the first time, or do we redetermine control of the tanker based on the oil that is left on the tanker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramirez Kyogen
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mb
chally wrote:

If a refinery gets full, who moves the tanker with the remaining oil? Is it the same player who moved it the first time, or do we redetermine control of the tanker based on the oil that is left on the tanker?

It will be determined based on the oil left on the tanker.

If a green Tanker with 2 green and 1 yellow oil drums drops its 2 green oil drums at a refinery and its fully loaded, the yellow player may decide where he drops his remaining oil drum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolf Sagel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
publisher
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruderat wrote:

1)
Ben, got it right.
Only the active player can undertake action E.3.
- Other players may (only then!) decide to transport also.

Iff the active player decide to transport all his pumpjacks and, iff there is Wildcatter, will transport no exception.
- Iff other players decide to transport also all there pumpjacks, and iff there is Wildcatter's will transport no exception.

the other player pay $4 ? or transporting oil for free ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre spil
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
only the active player can and must pay for transport. 4 money
the other players can transport also for free.
only pay the infra(trains and tankers)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwan Durandin
France
Rueil Malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

To get back to this point, when you have a change of control what happens to the order of the turn?

Red player is the active player. He's moving his tanker but leaves one yellow barrel. Does the yellow player move this Tanker straight away, or does he have to wait for his turn (in this phase), waiting for the red plyer to finish his deliveries, and for the next player (Clockwise) to do his moves and so on?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Erwan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Yellow would move the tanker to another refinery and unload as soon as red's done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwan Durandin
France
Rueil Malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx Danny Duck.

Meaning that we always have to finish the moves of one Tanker, before starting with another one. That's right, isnt'it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.