United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This week the prison was ignored so the show had more time to focus on a few characters. I think the result was a very good episode in the series.

First Daryl, Michonne, Tyresse, and Bob got new wheels after finding some zombies on the vine. Tyresse still has a death wish it seems. After fixing the van they make it to the hospital and get the medicine that will hopefully cure the disease. Then they find more diseased walkers. How far has this plague spread? Despite some close calls everyone makes it out of the hospital. We should see next week if they arrive in time with a cure.

Bob's alcoholism is out in the open as he risks his life to save the bottle he found. I foresee this causing problems in the future.

Our second road trip is with Carol and Rick looking for supplies. They run into Sam and Ana. These two do not appear to have any survival skills. We see Ana later as two walkers snack on her remains but Sam is missing along with Rick's watch and some guns. They should have waited in the house like Rick wanted.

And then the surprise. Rick exiles Carol since she murdered Karen and David. I don't know if Rick should have made that decision on his own but it does save Carol from a confrontation with Tyresse.

I will miss Carol. I enjoyed the way her character developed. She went from abused wife and distraught mother to a badass survivalist. Now we are down to four characters left from season one (Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Glenn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I will miss Carol.

Whoa.

Out of the prison group does not mean out of the show.

Look how much time we followed those who ended up with the Governor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This felt different. It would be nice if Carol stayed on the show but I think this may be the last we see of her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Mundane wrote:
I think the result was a very good episode in the series.
I thought this week's episode was terrible and confirms George Romero's opinion that "Basically it's just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Carol got Rick-rolled. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good riddance to Carol.

And I'm really close to saying goodbye to the show, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I'm not entirely sure that this show has enough going on to justify a discussion thread like, say, "Breaking Bad" did. In fact, this was the first show this season which gave me anything to talk about, and that was only because they got rid of the only character who was showing any real development. The rest of the characters have their trials and troubles, but they always come out the other side being the same person they were before; Carol showed a real narrative arc, starting out as the mousy housewife and coming around to the other side to being the bad-ass that everyone respected. No, she's not dead, and I would like to see her come back into the show, but I'm not holding out hopes for that to happen.

I wonder, though, what Daryl will do when he finds out. He and Carol were hinting at having a relationship, and Daryl isn't an easy guy to have around when he's pissed off. Note his confrontation with Bob as a prime example.

And I would gripe about the inconsistency between comic and show, but those two veered apart so long ago that it's just moot now. The story now has no similarity to the source material.

I've been consistently disappointed with this season. I'm not quite ready to give up on it, but if things don't start getting more interesting, I may not return to season five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.