Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just talked with Portal team via email. They will be looking at FAQ 2 document ASAP. Put any more rules questions for Robinson Crusoe in this document below and they will answer them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t2bCTvJZfop1brtmAHDetGZD...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally,
"Shelter is built on the tile where the player camp is"
so you can't built everywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And love this reply:

Cush1978: So in general, you’re saying that you can use existing items, etc. in response to an event, but cannot construct something in response to an event? It’d be nice if there was a generality to be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:
And love this reply:

Cush1978: So in general, you’re saying that you can use existing items, etc. in response to an event, but cannot construct something in response to an event? It’d be nice if there was a generality to be made.

That'd be me. That was written before the German version ruled that all character abilities can be used to interrupt/react to other things going on. It makes sense to use a pistol when you see a beast charging you. It (still) doesn't make sense to (re)build a palisade as it's being knocked down. Nevertheless, I've been told the updated German rules do clarify this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 who is k? Are these official answers or just player conversations? If you re ad top of page only official portal people are supposed to answer questions.
2 what is ruling with shortcut? It seems weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. K is kittenhoarder I believe. They're player conversations. I think at some point we wanted to make it clear what we were talking about/asking by referring to forum posts. It kind of snowballed from there by adding our reasoning and getting community input. If the designers know where we're coming from and the situations we're facing, they could make a more informed ruling.

2. The shortcut thing is the same thing we discussed recently on the board. You have a shortcut from your camp on tile A that easily allows you access to all resources on tile B. If you move your camp to tile B, it would make sense that you can use the same shortcut to access resources on tile A. There is no ruling; it was a suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please remember that english is not the first language for the people reviewing this. The more complec you make it the greater chance you have of having it misunderstood. Please be short and sweet with the questions. It also looks like you don't need anyone to answer anyrhing. It looks like you figured out or made up all the answers yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the participants misunderstood your statement found in the document (emphasis is mine):

botanybob wrote:
Thanks, let’s keep the dialogue flowing.
This is exactly what we need folks!!

So which is it? English is my first language and your intent is not clear at all. You sent it, then you didn't sent it, then oh yeah, you sent it but didn't get a response. Now you don't like the content. When the document doesn't get so much as a peep from the developers, contributors will start to reason things out. That doesn't make it official nor is it "making up" an answer. I've never implied that any rules advice I've offered is official. Suggesting an answer falls under "input from the community" and most game developers would welcome that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not liking your tone but ill answer anyways. What does the first sentance of the document say? Also the developers are busy also they think we can answer these questions ourselves (which it looks like we have). To quote the spice girls, "tell me whatcha want whatcha really really want".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyways,based on my experiance with the portal team you need to have short questions that are easy to answer. Yes or no is best. Dont get too detailed. I know you put a lot of effort in trying to clarify things but odds are it will get lost in translation. Yes keep the dialogue flowing but keep it simple man. Idk whatever I am just a gamer trying to help other gamers. If this is causing you grief ill just delete the file and be done with it. Look I passed the info onto portal team TWICE (once in aug once this week). I am just telling you how the best way to get your questions answered correctly. Lots of luck. Time for me to sleep it has been a long day of threshing soybeans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Robert...
I appreciate so much what you are doing,
....sleep now..........
..have nice dreams...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there. I'm definitely not K. I believe I contributed to the document in the past, but I would have remembered writing out all those answers. I believe I wrote questions 15-17 and added addendums onto some earlier questions, but I haven't been back to the document in a while. Thanks for your hard work, Robert, and hope that this all eventually gets cleared up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
botanybob wrote:
I'm not liking your tone but ill answer anyways.

How did you think a comment about "making up answers" would be taken?

botanybob wrote:
What does the first sentance of the document say?

If I recall (and it has been a few months), I originally added questions. People started adding answers. Seeing you comment that it was "exactly what we need" encouraged me to participate in those answers. Those discussions have been around for months without critical comment. I just figured it was an evolution of the document.

botanybob wrote:
Also the developers are busy also they think we can answer these questions ourselves (which it looks like we have).

To my knowledge, none of those questions have official answers in the English language. Some of those questions may be answered in the new German rules. The English version needs an FAQ that does two things; enumerates the changes from the German version and additionally answers any questions that are still outstanding.

botanybob wrote:
To quote the spice girls, "tell me whatcha want whatcha really really want".

I want the same thing that I've wanted since this whole thing started. An updated FAQ to clear up vague areas in the rules. The only thing I ever wanted out of the Spice Girls was a young Geri Halliwell.

So the real question is, what can I do to make this document more accessible to the Portal team and get some answers? I'm just trying to be of help as well. There's nothing in it for me save the benefit of better rules for the entire community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Youg Geri Halliwell modest
I was young too ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.