Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim MacDow
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Outside US & Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another CCC alert that I can't afford right now, hope someone can make use of this. They seem to have an expansion cheap too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is insanely good! Possibly my favourite game of all time, almost want to just buy it again at this price! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you plan on getting the expansion as well, it's cheaper to get the double deal from boardgameguru:

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/eclipse-and-rise-of-the-ancie...

Wrong, ignore this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank God I find this game terribly dry and doesn't excite me in the slightest because it is a great price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jd1403 wrote:
If you plan on getting the expansion as well, it's cheaper to get the double deal from boardgameguru:

There's only one double pack left. Also, after delivery of minimum £7.50 (unless you're willing to give your time and money to get to Brixton), it works out cheaper on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link for the lazy: Eclipse on Amazon UK

[edit] Currently works out a pound cheaper on Gameseek for the base and expansion: Eclipse / Expansion. Delivery is £3.99 but it won't show you that unless you have an account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
porkupine wrote:
jd1403 wrote:

There's only one double pack left. Also, after delivery of minimum £7.50 (unless you're willing to give your time and money to get to Brixton), it works out cheaper on Amazon.

Oh wow, I didn't check the shipping costs, I just assumed it would be something slightly more sensible blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jd1403 wrote:

Oh wow, I didn't check the shipping costs, I just assumed it would be something slightly more sensible blush

To be fair, that is pretty sensible - shipping is expensive, and those two boxes are quite big.

I think you could probably do it for £5.50 or £5.90 (I forget which) with My Hermes, but they use a better and faster courier. It would cost double that with Royal Mail.

Unfortunately, shipping costs have rocketed in the last 5 years or so, and that makes bargain hunting, trading, etc much less worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tempted by this, I have been looking at Eclipse from afar for a while and 30 quid off is a good saving. That said 40 quid is still a lot of money! Has this been reduced in this way before? If it happens every few months i will probably wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be better to get this for the extra tenner to get the mini pulsar expansion. I'm not sure you can get that anywhere now for less...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Eclipse-board-game-Pulsar-Mini...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim MacDow
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Outside US & Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
squiz wrote:
Has this been reduced in this way before? If it happens every few months i will probably wait!

Not in the last year at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrelUK wrote:
squiz wrote:
Has this been reduced in this way before? If it happens every few months i will probably wait!

Not in the last year at least.

Ok thanks, could be an early christmas present to myself !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
Might be better to get this for the extra tenner to get the mini pulsar expansion. I'm not sure you can get that anywhere now for less...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Eclipse-board-game-Pulsar-Mini...

Wow... cheers for pointing me at ebay! I noticed an auction for Eclipse + Expansion with 12 hours to go and put an idle £50 bid in, thinking it would go for £60 plus - and I only went and won the auction! Used copy, but under £50. Thanks Dan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha. I was looking at that but forgot to out a bid in myself. It ended by 20 mins. That eBay deal was amazing for the expansion and base at 46 quid. The custom storage he did also looks good.

Enjoy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to. The storage thing is a cool bonus. I hope it works as well as it looks. It saves me getting some plano boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You better update your owned list or you shouldnt be on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfft. Fine. I updated my games list with all the games I can remember that I own. I know I've missed a few, but my games aren't all in one place.

You'd better take a look at my games list Dan, since I went to all this effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on your list you should probably start playing some before you get any more

Oh and I "preordered" state them until they are in my hands. And I'm always right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.