Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I’m a Restorationist.
I claim a City (now I’m known to the Authorities).
My Main Agent is assassinated (I have no other agent).
Game over.

Am I correct that this could happen in just 3 or 4 rounds? (as long as it takes for the assassin to be hired, drawn into the hand and moved to my location). Granted, such a scenario would involve some stupid play on my part, but a very short game nonetheless. Oddly enough, it seems I might actually be the winner of such a game.

It also begs the question, what is the shortest possible game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

I’m a Restorationist.
Game over.

Am I correct that this could happen in just 3 or 4 rounds? (as long as it takes for the assassin to be hired, drawn into the hand and moved to my location). Granted, such a scenario would involve some stupid play on my part, but a very short game nonetheless. Oddly enough, it seems I might actually be the winner of such a game.

This happened in our demo game in Essen. So this is possible, yes. You should definitely point out during rule explanation that everyone should take care of their main agents, especially if he/she is a Restorationist.

Winning should not be possible because you and all other Restorationist are expelled from the scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unittype wrote:

Winning should not be possible because you and all other Restorationist are expelled from the scoring.

Well, it is possible. Let's say you take a city and have 6 point. No other players have any. One of them moves out and kill you, game ends. You have 6 points, if he's a loyalist, he has one for killing your agent.

If all the other players are restorationsts (with zero points) you lose, as your side is eliminated. But if there is at least one royalist at zero points as well, the loyalist are elimnated (look up ties on page 10 in manual) so you win.

The guy assasinating you have to be 100% certain that there are no other loyalist in the game that could make his team fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
unittype wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:

I’m a Restorationist.
Game over.

This happened in our demo game in Essen. So this is possible, yes. You should definitely point out during rule explanation that everyone should take care of their main agents, especially if he/she is a Restorationist.

Actually, in this situation you have probably won: no one else has any points so the loyalists are eliminated and you are the highest scoring restorationist.

rules wrote:
Note: having your Main Agent die does not stop you from being able to win the game.

(edit - slower than a better explanation, curses foiled again Moriarty)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, you are both right.. clever game, eh? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "you win" points are good, but if you can grab a second agent, that's always strong (unless he or she is a double) as then your main agent can't be immediately assassinated.

Or do what I did in my last game and turn vampire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.