Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen some posts advocating against building large resource regions, I wanted to comment on my favorable experience building big resource regions. The reason given for keeping resource regions small is to prevent the High Priest from gaining too much for others' work.

Although I have not played a whole lot of times, I usually try to build a large resource region regardless of who is the High Priest. Even if another player is the High Priest and places a pawn to take advantage of the region, I am usually able to place two or three pawns in the region to gain hordes of resources thus overshadowing the benefit of the High Priest. I usually win games in which I build a large resource region.

The key consideration is to be at or near first in turn order. With a large region with several pawns in it and first in turn order, you can practially empty the supply of key resources and deny your opponents the opportunity to do much building. If you are not at or near first in turn order the supply may run out before you can gain the bulk of the resources you stand to gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.