John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Eric Summerer played my boardgame Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp and briefly reviewed on The Dice Tower Podcast episode 328. I am very pleased he liked it and gave it a thumbs up. Here is a link to the podcast:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/4/8/e/48eba6013c61f1d3/TDT328-TheD...

http://www.dicetower.com/

Did you listen to this episode? What did you think of Eric's opinion of the game? Had YOU never heard of this game before Eric mentioned on the podcast? Would you buy it based on his recommendation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you listen to this episode?
Yes, I listen to each new episode of The Dice Tower.

What did you think of Eric's opinion of the game?
I usually agree mostly with Erics opinions, so when he said he liked this game, I put it in the back of my mind as an enjoyable solo game.

Had YOU never heard of this game before Eric mentioned on the podcast?
I've heard about it before this, but I didn't really know much about it.

Would you buy it based on his recommendation?
Well, technically I did buy it based off his recommendation. It was part VPG sale, part Erics mention and part I was looking for a shorter, puzzly solo game.

One play in and I really enjoyed it.

Edit: And anyone who is looking for the start of his review, it's around 9mins 10secs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am very pleased you bought it, Nathan, and then you really enjoyed it. It was challenging to design it but I think we came up with a really good solo game. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about getting it but once I heard it I definitely will now.
Nice to have a voice for solo games on the show!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard the review and made note of it -- I have a few co-ops but no games designed specifically for solo play. I put it on my wish list.

Yesterday I went to my first gaming convention. My door prize ticket hit, and I got to choose from a selection of games. Lo and behold, there was Infection in the stack! Yoink!

I just played it for the first time. Very fun, neat design. I won pretty handily (Bacterial), creating antibodies for pretty much every molecule with the death track only at 4 -- lots of good rolling on the containment phase.

So, I owe Eric a thank you. This might not have caught my eye if not for his review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
I heard the review and made note of it -- I have a few co-ops but no games designed specifically for solo play. I put it on my wish list.

Yesterday I went to my first gaming convention. My door prize ticket hit, and I got to choose from a selection of games. Lo and behold, there was Infection in the stack! Yoink!

I just played it for the first time. Very fun, neat design. I won pretty handily (Bacterial), creating antibodies for pretty much every molecule with the death track only at 4 -- lots of good rolling on the containment phase.

So, I owe Eric a thank you. This might not have caught my eye if not for his review.

Nice story! Welcome to the extensive and fun world of solo games (despite what Mr Vasel might suggest! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huffa2 wrote:
CSerpent wrote:

Nice story! Welcome to the extensive and fun world of solo games (despite what Mr Vasel might suggest! )

Thanks!

I did miss the rule about -1 containment rolls if you have molecules in the C ring, but I don't think that would have changed much -- I mostly rolled 4 and up and had few negative modifier cards. I need to do a reread and see if there's anything else I overlooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
I did miss the rule about -1 containment rolls if you have molecules in the C ring, but I don't think that would have changed much -- I mostly rolled 4 and up and had few negative modifier cards. I need to do a reread and see if there's anything else I overlooked.

I--or somebody in the community--needs to come up with a quick player reference--preferably a PDF--that a beginning player can have beside them so they make sure they don't miss anything the first one or two times they play the game. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.