Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do people really finish this in 90 minutes? It took quite long our first game, though i suppose it is fast if you die early.

How many nights are people expected to playthrough?
(We were on "medium/normal" difficulty)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usually a medium play is 3 nights-2 days, but sometimes your group can consider to have all the 4 nigths-3 days lenght. Rarely you will have few games with 2-nights 1-days.

The playtime is usually depending of these 4 things:

- how deeply your group will discuss all decision (it is a cooperative game!!)
- game difficulty you choose
- how do you know the rules
- number of players (in solitaire game playtime is shorter!)

So in a solitaire game (if you don't discuss with yourself too much, and have no imaginary friends ) the gametime will be halfed down. We have solo games that lasted 1 hour.

We kept on the box 120 min just to have a better range of possibilities, but the game usually is around 100 min. In our experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocularis wrote:
usually a medium play is 3 nights-3 days, but sometimes your group can consider to have all the 4 nigths-3 days lenght. Rarely you will have few games with 2-nights 2-days.

I'm not sure I follow you: I thought the game always starts with a night and ends with a night. So that would mean three possibilities :
2 nights - 1 day, 3 nights - 2 days, 4 nights - 3 days.

I also can't see how it is possible to win with 2 nights - 1 day: there is not enough movement during the day to start a finale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exact (post fixed). It will ends always with a night.

But if you play at EASY-NOMRAL, you can have some situations (for example with the Gondola Item, or with a Nightmare card that gives +1 hour to the day) where you can rush during the first day and reach an Exit location!
With these 2 bonus you can rush in NORMAL even to the Bridge Exit!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
The shortest path I can from the normal and easy starting location to the bridge is 7 hours. So even with the the Nightmare card and the Gondola item it's too long.

Also, to have the Gondola item, you have to search. So you could go from the easy location to 10, search there, get the Gondola item, use it to move to B, but then you wouldn't have an hour left to search and find the boat.

The only possible thing I can see is move to 8 (3 hours from easy starting location, 4 hours from normal starting location), search, find the Gondola and the Holy Bomb, go to 12 with the Gondola and kill the Leviathan with the Holy Bomb.

Did I miss something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, follow my thinking:

NORMAL
- 1° mov -
LOC 4
- 2° mov -
LOC 6
- Gondola -
LOC 9
- 3° mov -
LOC A
- 4° mov -
LOC 11
- 5° mov -
Bridge!!!

Maybe a Boss can drop a Gondola. Maybe you can have it from a Nightmare card (there are 2 of Nightmare cards that can give you an Item, one it is useful in EASY mode).

Of course this will happen rarely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally missed the fact that you have a reward for killing a boss!

I'm glad I asked, I learned something that will surely prove very useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.